Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #1  
    Many of you like different brands, different designs, different specs, different colors, and more. But if you got to choose EVERYTHING, what would you choose?

For me, I would want an updated 925 (LOVE that design) with maybe, a slightly larger 4.7 inch display, 1080p, Snapdragon 800, 20MP camera found on the 1520 or Pelican, 32GB storage or more (better if it has microSD as well), comes in many colors, better speakers, gorilla glass 3 (or 4, as it will be out by then), a better front camera, and 801.11ac. I know, a lot to ask. :P
    Laura Knotek and multo like this.

Global Posts
    32,261 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I really would like that. The only thing I'd add is built-in wireless charging.
    unstoppablekem and multo like this.

My dream phone would be a lumia 1020 with a snapdragon 800, a 1080P display and a micro sd card slot.
    phirefly and berty6294 like this.

An updated Lumia 920 would be enough for me for now. Don't take anything out, but update each component to the latest available, swap out the screen for an OLED/AMOLED HD version (but no bigger ffs, nobody needs more than 4.5") and the camera from the L1020 (but you can leave the stupid bulge and camera surround in the factory).

On the software side, get Here Drive to a stage where its vaguely close to full featured (show traffic on the main map not another screen, add ljve traffic based rerouting, lane guidance, a routing engine that suggests vaguely logical routes (maybe an option to minimise use of back roads), and set it to lower the volume of music or pause it so you don't miss a large chunk whilst the sat nav tells you about the road you are turning into in forensic detail without saying what's actually on the road sign...
    Do you long for a little app that would change your day? Let me know!

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts
    I'm with unstoppablekem and Laura's suggestion although I guess I'd prefer a 5 incher over 4.7. It may not be much of a difference but I guess it's just me.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 / Nokia Lumia 1020 / LG Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by multo View Post
    I'm with unstoppablekem and Laura's suggestion although I guess I'd prefer a 5 incher over 4.7. It may not be much of a difference but I guess it's just me.
    It isn't much of a number, but once you reach a 4" screen the impracticality increases much quicker with every 1/10th. Obviously the lack of practicality is a trade off against screen size, but I don't think there's any real benefit in a 5" screen personally... If i want to watch videos I get a tablet, and I'm yet to find anything else where I find 4.5" lacking...
    Do you long for a little app that would change your day? Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud kruthoff View Post
    My dream phone would be a lumia 1020 with a snapdragon 800, a 1080P display and a micro sd card slot.
    Add built in wireless charging and I've found my dream phone! I would spend well over $1000 if they did this! (of course I'd prefer cheaper but none the less willing)
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
  8.    #8  
    Yep, a 1020 with 8.1 specs would be a BEAST!
  9.    #9  
    What about the rest of you guys?

I want a 1020 with 8.1 specs and built-in wireless charging and aptx support. Also, it should support Xbox video in the Xbox video app and Bluetooth keyboards. Finally, instead of the camera bulge, it should be flat and use magic powers to warp the air, forming a powerful lens system in midair when you are taking pictures.

Global Posts
    1,985 Global Posts
    A Lumia 800 body with 920/928 specs and WP8.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    sleeve22 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,985 Global Posts
    1020 specs on the Lumia 800 body. SD storage and 920 camera.

Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    1,985 Global Posts
    1020 specs on the Lumia 800 body. SD storage and 920 camera.

Why would you choose a 920's camera over the 1020? I'm asking because I've been thinking about buying a 1020 because of the camera, but have been putting it off, try to convince myself that my 920 and it's 8.7 MP camera is good enough for me.
    NOKIA LUMIA 1520|Microsoft SURFACE 2

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    I'd trade all the fancy cameras and CPUs for a file manager, network file access and more Bluetooth profiles. I have rather large meat hooks and the 3.8 - 4.0 screens of the 520 & 620 are my sweet spot for one-handed typing.
    Thanked by:
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Boland View Post
    Why would you choose a 920's camera over the 1020? I'm asking because I've been thinking about buying a 1020 because of the camera, but have been putting it off, try to convince myself that my 920 and it's 8.7 MP camera is good enough for me.
    Well the 920 has a good camera, but in my opinion, isn't very sharp. GDR2 should fix it, but we don't have it yet. So I suggest the 925, as that is sharper than the 920, yet 8.7MP.

Global Posts
    1,985 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Boland View Post
    Because the camera lense sticking out if the back would look weird. Now, if the phone came with 41mp camera in the exact same L800 body, BOOM!!
    My dream phone is Double/Tripple Boot with WP8/iOS/Android😊
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Kumar Singh View Post
    My dream phone is Double/Tripple Boot with WP8/iOS/Android😊
    Oh, how I wish. Sadly, companies can't work together. This feature only works on computers/tablet pcs. :(

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    My dream phone would be a 4.3 inch Super LCD 3 IPS screen with Nokia's ClearBlack and PureMotion + 720p display with minimum bezels. Camera borrowed from 925 without the hump, heck even make it 5MP for getting rid of the hump, I don't care for megapixels. 1.7GHz Krait processor with Adreno 320 graphics and 32GB internal storage with memory card slot. No need of wireless charging for me. And yeah it needs to have amazing and awesome music quality. Happy with this mid range device..

Sent from my ST25i using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Lumia 925 with a 4.8" screen, 32GB internal with SD-card slot up to 32GB, super-amoled 1080p display, 2GB RAM, removable back cover with assorted colors, camera is fine as it is :D latest gorilla glass
    #Lumia925FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Oh, how I wish. Sadly, companies can't work together. This feature only works on computers/tablet pcs. :(
    What is the harm in dreaming big & crazy,afterall a dream is a dream. So I still dream a tripple boot phone with WP8/iOS/Android.
    unstoppablekem likes this.

What is the harm in dreaming big & crazy,afterall a dream is a dream. So I still dream a tripple boot phone with WP8/iOS/Android.
    oh and Ubuntu touch!
    unstoppablekem likes this.
  24.    #24  
    I still do too. :P
    QWERTY keyboard that slides up and lies on top of the phone
    2.6" TFT, QVGA (320 x 240) Display
    Capacitive touch screen
    5-megapixel camera, with LED flash
    4 GB of memory, 256 MB DDR RAM
    Nvidia Tegra at 600 MHz
    Mono Speaker
    GPS
    Accelerometer
    Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP
    Wi-Fi
    USB (for charging, syncing with Zune Software)
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast