Any new AT&T devices?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have had my upgrade since April 15th and stuck with a 920 (which I still love) with only a huge non qi 1520 while Verizon had the capable and perfect sized 930. Any new at&t devices coming soon?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Weell, the 635(?) is coming to ATT I think.

But of course, thats not for you!

Well you could pick up an Icon or int'l 930 because those will work on ATT if you don't mind the off-contract price

but anyways, we dont have much solid details regarding ATT.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Def frustrating. Windows phone is slow on hardware, software, and ecosystem development. When they do release stuff its great, but its always too late, they need to be pumping out updates and apps way faster if the hardware is going to stagnate like this. Us AT&T users are still using dual core 720p phone flagships. I don't count the 1520, I've used it several times and its like wearing clown shoes use that thing. I mean wtf just buy a tablet, crazy niche device. The OS also looks stupid on a 6" screen, they should have made the 1520 scale the res for more tiles. Then it becomes more sensible.

I'm just anxious. Sucks to have my upgrade and no choices except LG G3 if I make the android plunge again.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
McLaren cancelled. The outlook is bleak for AT&T for sure. Even if they do get a new flagship, they'll likely remove Qi from it. I may just switch to verizon and get the icon.

uw

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
haha.. two years ago i was with verizon and switched to att because they had all the good windows phones.. now it looks like att won't be getting anything good this year.. i really want the icon/930, but not enough to switch back to verizon.. i'm just saving too much with att to switch.. i really hope i'm wrong and something good comes to att.. my 920 is nice, but i'm ready for something more modern.. worst case scenario would be to get an android (g3 or a note 4) and install a windows 8.1 launcher.. haha..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
haha.. two years ago i was with verizon and switched to att because they had all the good windows phones.. now it looks like att won't be getting anything good this year.. i really want the icon/930, but not enough to switch back to verizon.. i'm just saving too much with att to switch.. i really hope i'm wrong and something good comes to att.. my 920 is nice, but i'm ready for something more modern.. worst case scenario would be to get an android (g3 or a note 4) and install a windows 8.1 launcher.. haha..

well, you could always go for an Icon or unlocked 930 and nix the contract

SQLBaller

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Money in my pocket, eligible for an upgrade, avid windows phone enthusiast, and nothing coming to at&t but iPhones, and androids. How does Microsoft expect to compete and gain market shares when they aren't keeping up with the release schedule of the the two giants in the industry? At the very least there should be "leaks" of new premium devices (that are not carrier exclusive) to give people hope. Something to keep me from exploring the iPhone 6 or note 4.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It sucks right now because there's basically no other OEM's making WP devices. Hopefully this changes by fall and we have some decent offerings from HTC, LG, Sammy, etc...

Believeland

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Money in my pocket, eligible for an upgrade, avid windows phone enthusiast, and nothing coming to at&t but iPhones, and androids. How does Microsoft expect to compete and gain market shares when they aren't keeping up with the release schedule of the the two giants in the industry? At the very least there should be "leaks" of new premium devices (that are not carrier exclusive) to give people hope. Something to keep me from exploring the iPhone 6 or note 4.
Agreed.

My smartphone history is as follows: iphone (original) >>> galaxy s3 >>> lumia 900

That is all 3 major OS currently. 2 year contacts on each just now coming free of the last contact. Here I am WANTING to stick with WP yet there isn't a new high-end device even rumored to come out this holiday season. If I have to wait until Christmas, I will but if they expect me to wait until Spring they are crazy. I'd rather buy the new iphone than wait.

Is Tesla my only hope?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Agreed.

My smartphone history is as follows: iphone (original) >>> galaxy s3 >>> lumia 900

That is all 3 major OS currently. 2 year contacts on each just now coming free of the last contact. Here I am WANTING to stick with WP yet there isn't a new high-end device even rumored to come out this holiday season. If I have to wait until Christmas, I will but if they expect me to wait until Spring they are crazy. I'd rather buy the new iphone than wait.

Is Tesla my only hope?

Well, the Icon/930 is still high end.

Maybe if it was announced and released later it would be regarded more highly.

SQLBaller

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
The icon/930 is considered high end, but i was looking for something more like a successor to the 1020 or 1520. I feel like the icon is a solid phone, but nothing really special.

dagrepont

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you but at least AT&T had the 1020 and 1520 as an option. I have way less options being on T-Mobile. To make it worse it seems like most of the upcoming rumored phones aren't going to be on T-Mobile. I'm perfectly happy with their service and don't plan switching any time soon. I know I can buy an unlocked phone but that's has a huge upfront cost that to be honest I just don't want to spend. If the 930 was available on T-Mobile I would buy it in a second but at this point I'm sure what I'm going to do. If I end up going iOS or Android it's not going to be because I don't love Windows Phone, it's going to be because of little options. Someone somewhere at Microsoft has to realize that this is a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3