Which will be next Nokia / Ms Phone Oct-Nov-Dec time frame ?

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 isn't coming until Summer. That is a LONG dry spell. I seriously doubt they will wait that long.

Nokia is not releasing more phones. I wish people would just STOP writting "Nokia (now MS)" and alikes.

MICROSOFT is most likely not releasing any new phones until Windows (Phone) 9 debuts. For the Fall, the WP flagship will be the HTC One W8. Microsoft will hold probably for MWC to present the first Microsoft phones running Windows 9. Which is what makes sense if you think about it.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 for phones has been confirmed. Technically they have pulled the plug on windows phone, but in name only. Its still the same thing just newer.

It not going to matter because Microsoft is pulling the plug on WP. Anyone investing in WP will be doing it for souvenir purposes only.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 isn't coming until Summer. That is a LONG dry spell. I seriously doubt they will wait that long.

The final version of Windows 10 is supposed to be launched at /build/ in April. MWC is in February. Which gives it the normal time frame for the phones. They get presented at MWC (remember, you haven't been shown Windows (Phone) 10) and then released in the April/May/June window.

BytorJr

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, with all these name changes, the issues with Phone 7, etc, etc Microsoft is continuing to shoot their toes off. Nobody wants to either "buy" into an ecosystem (consumer) or develop for an ecosystem without knowing that it will be viable a year or two from now....let alone if it will be viable at the end of the year.

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well the Icon came out well in advance on the release of 8.1 - although they delayed the release of the 930 for European markets for some reason. So I hope Microsoft just announce the replacements for the 1020 & 1520 (and 930?) over the next couple of months instead of waiting for W10. I guess they won't be 1030 and 1530, since we already have X30 series phones and the 930 cannot be replaced with another 930... I think they may bring in new naming conventions for phones that are built with Windows 10 in mind. Hopefully that will involve the oddly named 1320 which is a low/mid-level phone with a high-level sounding name.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6