Sony Xperia Z4 with Windows Phone

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I know this has been talked about and wished for a dozen times over but I really want a Sony Xperia Z4 (or Z3) with the Windows Phone OS. I dropped by a Best Buy today and got to look at and handle a Z3 and it's a really nicely built phone. It's thin and yet feels durable. I own and use a Lumia 1520 and it's a beautiful handset, but the Sony Xperia is beautiful yet also has a rugged feel to it. Here's to forever dreaming about Sony coming to their senses and/or Microsoft coming to their senses to put a Windows Phone OS onto a Sony device.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I own and use a Lumia 1520 and it's a beautiful handset, but the Sony Xperia is beautiful yet also has a rugged feel to it.

I don't really think the Sony Xperia has a rugged feel to it at all. I think it feels like a very fragile device. The Lumia 1520 has a rugged feel to it imo. I do like the phone though and would buy a WP version.

I think more OEMs for Windows Phone will be good for users. Sony may never do it. Maybe... If Windows 10 grows and the app gap closes.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't really think the Sony Xperia has a rugged feel to it at all. I think it feels like a very fragile device. The Lumia 1520 has a rugged feel to it imo. I do like the phone though and would buy a WP version.

I think more OEMs for Windows Phone will be good for users. Sony may never do it. Maybe... If Windows 10 grows and the app gap closes.

I think what makes it more rugged feeling to me is the fact that Sony has a rubber texture to the corners of the handset and also along the edges a bit. I think Lumias in general was promoted as a "can handle drops and dings" because of their polycarbonate body but to me I feel like I have to handle my 1520 with kitten gloves to keep it from getting dinged/scratched and looking good. I've also dropped my 1520 a few times, and though it holds up to the drop, it looks chewed up on the corners and spots that hit the floor. I have no factual proof however that says the Sony handsets wouldn't look chewed up if it was dropped and for all I know they could be really fragile phones....

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Sony needs to learn how to build a decent phone first. Xperia Z, Z1, Z2 & Z3 all suffer from cracking glass front & rear panels. The shear amount of people posting with these issue over on the official Sony mobile proves the problem isn't down to clumsy owners - its down to poor device design & build.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Sony needs to learn how to build a decent phone first. Xperia Z, Z1, Z2 & Z3 all suffer from cracking glass front & rear panels. The shear amount of people posting with these issue over on the official Sony mobile proves the problem isn't down to clumsy owners - its down to poor device design & build.

Oh wow, didn't know they had these issues.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
One phone which I wouldn't dream of owning without a case and front and back screen protectors...

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Heard about the cracking glass too. Still the devices look very very sexy. Also, with all the new announcements at CES its becoming clear that the Lumias are starting to lack behind. Worse of all, there are no significant new OEM announcements re. phones with WP.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Heard about the cracking glass too. Still the devices look very very sexy. Also, with all the new announcements at CES its becoming clear that the Lumias are starting to lack behind. Worse of all, there are no significant new OEM announcements re. phones with WP.
Most phone announcements tend to come in February at Mobile World Congress and not CES...

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My brother has one and it is super nice. Plus even though it has a 5.5" screen the phone is not that large because the screen covers almost the entire front of the phone.No waisted space. Super resolution on the screen also.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sony coming to their senses and/or Microsoft coming to their senses to put a Windows Phone OS onto a Sony device.

Im sorry to say this, but Sony wouldnt be coming to their senses if they would make a WP-device, they would be going out of their mind. Business wise it would be a horrible move, however I would like them to do it.

Last edited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I would rather have an LG G3 with Windows OS on it. Love that phone.

Dare I type it... dare I??

Yes I dare:

I want a Flex 2 with WP: LG G Flex 2 hands-on

My wife's Flex is an amazingly smooth Android with a very fun form factor. Would love to get a Curve in my live tiles. That 5.5" screen size may be perfect with the curve to make things even easier. And those colors?? *drools a little*

Back on topic, I loved me some Sony for a while. Lately, I feel they are all style and very little performance. The list of physical problems with their phones is alarming.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
My cousin and I went indoor gokarting a few months ago. He has the xperia z3, and left it in his pocket while he was driving. After he took it out, the touch screen was completely unresponsive. The glass itself was not cracked, but it looked like a thin layer underneath was. This was only from the phone bumping the sides of the plastic go kart seat! The device may feel durable... But is it really? I don't think so

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I wish they would as well
I have an original Xperia X1 from '08, running windows 6.5 but looks like Sony gave up a long time ago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb