W10 Phones And Tablets With Octo-core CPUs And Very Powerful GPUs Are Expected Soon

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Not gonna make much of a difference in windows. Quad is more than enough here.
try to make 4K video at 60fps or like that then you will know the using of powerful CPUs.
I know WP is not taking a lot of resources but the games and other feature need it.
I think flagships should come with octo, and mid range (like 840 or like that) should have quad

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
try to make 4K video at 60fps or like that then you will know the using of powerful CPUs.
I know WP is not taking a lot of resources but the games and other feature need it.
I think flagships should come with octo, and mid range (like 840 or like that) should have quad

For that u don't need octacore, u need high powered CPUs.
Mediatek makes a lot of octacore CPUs mostly based on Cortex A7 and they are not even close to a SD 800.
Apple does this right as they use lower clocked high powered dualcores which are much more efficient and faster than any quad or octacore CPUs in the market.
But this rumour could be pointing at a SD 810 in which case it a Quad A57 and Quad A53 using big Little so it should be great as long as they don't run all 8 cores together.
But I think a Nvidia K1 Denver kind of dual core Cortex A57 is the best configuration for a flagship.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

and don't forget about the potential buyers who know nothing about Windows Phone and base their purchase on mere numbers on the specs sheet...

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice but that doesn't say much.

I want to see 64bit Intel chips, so they can actually run FULL windows on them.

I can buy a HP stream 7 tablet right now for ?75 ($100), with quad core, 64 bit intel chips, windows 8.1 etc. shrink that, whack phone hardware in it, put full windows 10 in it and give my at least a days battery for ~?150 and they would be on an absolute winner! A full pc in my pocket, people have wanted that for years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise