Will Nokia ever make a tablet?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ahtisaari as one of the executives said 30% of his time is taken by a new Nokia tablet couple of months ago.

There is rumor Nokia is developing tablet in California.
Nokia developing W8 tablet in California, tablet prototypes with MeeGo inside | nokiagadgets.com

Though again it's just matter of when, not if Nokia will make tablet.

I was expecting a Windows RT tablet to be revealed today along with the 920 and 820...but so far, nothing.
Imo the event was so strongly about WP8 that announcing tablet would have not fitted.
Who knows, it could be that Nokia will launch it's tablet next year, not 2012.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
A Nokia tablet is more attractive than ever. The Surface to me was a disappointment. I had one pre-ordered and then cancelled because the 64 GB model only comes in black. Also, the lack of NFC is troubling, something Nokia I am pretty sure would include. I just hope they get one out by new years, that is the latest I can get a tablet.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
A Nokia tablet is more attractive than ever. The Surface to me was a disappointment. I had one pre-ordered and then cancelled because the 64 GB model only comes in black. Also, the lack of NFC is troubling, something Nokia I am pretty sure would include. I just hope they get one out by new years, that is the latest I can get a tablet.

It's too bad really. I would be all over Nokia tablet, but got a get that tablet before years end.
I guess it could still happen, but it looks more like CES announcement and fast release like rumored.

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I would think this might be a surprise for October 26th with the Windows 8 launch. All Nokia has to do to create an attractive tablet is take the Lumia 800/900 and make it 7" big. There's no real incentive to make yet another 10.1" tablet - the market is already flooded with all the usual players, from 10.1 to 13 inches.

Who is making a 7" Windows RT tablet? NOBODY. And if Amazon and Google have proved anything, it's that 7 inches is a very attractive format that consumers want. I believe a 7" tablet would be a winning move for Nokia:

Tegra 3 ARM cpu
768p IPS LCD screen (1080p would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic here)
1/2gb RAM
8/16/32 SSD
Micro-SD slot for memory expansion
Wifi and LTE models
Thin, lilght, policarbonate or magnesium body, color options
GPS, NFC, Gyro, Accelerometer - the usual stuff
Price between $250-300

That is a winner device, it would top the Fire and Nexus immediately. iPad mini... that's a different story... but if Nokia released something like that (let's call it a Lumia 1000), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm sure there's millions of consumers around the world who think the same.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Wonder if Nokia would think it wise to compete directly with Microsoft in another market, along with the rumored MS phone? Judging by how the Surface is taking attention away from other Windows 8 OEM's it may not be such a good idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon