Anyone getting Lenovo LYNX?

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Just looked at the Lenovo LYNX and it looks great from what I can tell. Anyone know anything about this upcoming machine?

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in it. I've had a surface RT, a lenovo yoga 13 and currently a samsung ativ smart pc. All 3 returned so far for various reasons.

Loved the surface...RT is not enough for me right now though. maybe in a year or so.

Love the yoga 13.....as a laptop... but I don't need a laptop and ultimately it was too large for tablet usage realy.

Thought I would love the Samsung... I hate it. Plastic back makes your hand sweat constantly. Have to reboot very often. Dead spots in the touch screen at various times. Bloatware that is a ***** to uninstall at times. Really laggy just web browsing pages in chrome. I honestly don't know if this is a defective unit or if it's what I have to look forward to with Atom tablets. I guess I need to convince myself that my atom tablet will be used essentially like an RT tablet with the ability to occasionally jump on chrome or other moderate desktop stuff.

Anyway I'm really interested in checking out the Lynx. I have another 10 days or so to return this Samsung which I definitely am. Now that I've tried an i5-i7 type, an RT type and an Atom type I can't decide if I want to go back to the Surface or continue waiting on something else. First world problems, I know.

Anyway yeah.. would love to have more info on release date and such on this tablet. I'm interested for sure. Between this and the Asus at this point if they ever release anything.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I currently own the RT and like it for what it is but need full blown Windows 8 tablet for laptop replacement. Win Pro is going to come out too late for me as I need something sooner than it will release.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in it. I've had a surface RT, a lenovo yoga 13 and currently a samsung ativ smart pc. All 3 returned so far for various reasons.

Loved the surface...RT is not enough for me right now though. maybe in a year or so.

Love the yoga 13.....as a laptop... but I don't need a laptop and ultimately it was too large for tablet usage realy.

Thought I would love the Samsung... I hate it. Plastic back makes your hand sweat constantly. Have to reboot very often. Dead spots in the touch screen at various times. Bloatware that is a ***** to uninstall at times. Really laggy just web browsing pages in chrome. I honestly don't know if this is a defective unit or if it's what I have to look forward to with Atom tablets. I guess I need to convince myself that my atom tablet will be used essentially like an RT tablet with the ability to occasionally jump on chrome or other moderate desktop stuff.

Anyway I'm really interested in checking out the Lynx. I have another 10 days or so to return this Samsung which I definitely am. Now that I've tried an i5-i7 type, an RT type and an Atom type I can't decide if I want to go back to the Surface or continue waiting on something else. First world problems, I know.

Anyway yeah.. would love to have more info on release date and such on this tablet. I'm interested for sure. Between this and the Asus at this point if they ever release anything.

Makes me kind of happy that i did not pick that Samsung today even on a really good deal. Just like you said i was not impressed by the build quality at all, slightly thicker than other atom tablets, TFT screen and no battery on the keyboard.
Picking up Vivo Tab next week.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I would think it's a defect.

Makes me kind of happy that i did not pick that Samsung today even on a really good deal. Just like you said i was not impressed by the build quality at all, slightly thicker than other atom tablets, TFT screen and no battery on the keyboard.
Picking up Vivo Tab next week.

Do you know how much it'll cost? From what I'm seeing it's not exactly available yet but the stores that will be offering it are showing a price of $950 USD for the tablet and keyboard dock combo, and I think $799 for the tablet only.Seems pricey. The HP Envy X2 is $100 less, but I think the stylus is optional, and I'm still not sure if it's a wacom digitizer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills