Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    any thoughts or opinions on the Kupa X15 lux versus the Surface Pro?Engadget

Have had my eye on the Kupa tablet for a while - its got the specs to be a killer tablet and with its modular design theres no end of bits that could be produced to slot on the side. The swappable batteries are a huge plus, having the keyboard dock with the same battery as the tablet is pure genius. Kupa have been producing windows tablet for years so theyve had a good run at getting things right. The only downside is the pricing an i7 with 8gb ram doesnt come cheap although it may be worth it as that sort of spec could replace my desktop.
    Ive got a Surface RT already and getting a Surface Pro with half the specs of the Kupa would be ridiculous.

On paper the Kupa blows the surface pro out of the water.
    Thanked by:
    cj-m 

Global Posts
    8,064 Global Posts
    I'll be shocked if you're able to buy the Kupa tablet as an end-user anywhere without paying an exorbitant price.

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Well, the price is something else. If the Surface Pro pricing is as reported, then the Kupa X15 is competitively priced in relation to the Pro. Honestly, if this is the case then the X15 looks to be a good alternative.

Global Posts
    8,064 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cj-m View Post
    Well, the price is something else. If the Surface Pro pricing is as reported, then the Kupa X15 is competitively priced in relation to the Pro. Honestly, if this is the case then the X15 looks to be a good alternative.
    Yes, but it also says that you have to contact Kupa to order them. I'd bet you have to buy in bulk from them. Of course, I could be wrong.

Yes I am also very eager to get the Kupa tablet. I tried contacting them multiple times but did not get any response - that was irritating. Has anybody had any luck? If they want bulk order I wonder if there is any group that we can make to order the tablet in bulk for everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Probably depends whether you want a 10.6" tablet that take a keyboard accessory, or a 15" laptop that comes apart into a tablet in a pinch. Two different devices for different uses.
    Where did the 15" laptop come from? The Kupa X15 is a 10.1 inch super tablet. Surface Pro is a 10.6 inch tablet

Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Where did the 15" laptop come from? The Kupa X15 is a 10.1 inch super tablet. Surface Pro is a 10.6 inch tablet
    Ugh, you're right - I must have been thinking of something else... I'll delete that post before anyone else gets ahold of it without reading other comments and starts a feedback loop.

Global Posts
    8,064 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, there's another thread that mentions that Dynamism is taking preorders for this, so I might end up being wrong with my above comments.

Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Ugh, you're right - I must have been thinking of something else... I'll delete that post before anyone else gets ahold of it without reading other comments and starts a feedback loop.
    No worries the X15 monicker does imply something that would have 15 in it somewhere - the last Kupa device was an x11 Not sure where 12,13 & 14 went

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    For what it's worth, there's another thread that mentions that Dynamism is taking preorders for this, so I might end up being wrong with my above comments.
    Yeah that Dynamism site lost me 2 hours of my life and 180- not only do they seem to have tech for sale thats not available for sale anywhere else they also have adverts from gizmine - spent ages looking through the gadgets on there and bought myslef a mirrored leaf keyboard as a rather expensive impulse buy.