Next Wave of Surfaces ? What do you want to see?

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Surface Pro: 6+ hour battery life under normal usage, not "if you turn brightness to 5% and run one web page"-level battery life. (Right now I get around 3.5-4 hours).

That's the only must have for me. NFC and at least two position kickstand would be nice. Otherwise I think the hardware is pretty great and I love the form factor, we just need some big software upgrades.

NFC
--Seriously, Tap+Share is amazing on WP lets bring it full circle!

Higher resolution display
--I do a lot of reading on it and gaming on a higher res would be amazing!

USB drivers to use Xbox controller (on RT) to play *possible* FPS on my surface....::drool::

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Same form factor, reduced weight (minimum would be the weight of it with a touch cover would be the equivalent of it without a touch cover now), next-gen atom processor, higher DPI display, better speakers, USB 3.0, and a pro-style stylus.

This is more of a software thing but I hope RT gains a smaller footprint as time goes on. Waaay too big now.

TechBlogTv

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I want to see a Lenovo Yoga that I would actually buy. It would have good performance, great battery life, and is not too heavy.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Outside more powerful hardware and Pro-like pen support on the RT, there's not much more I could hope for from my RT. Not that I felt that the hardware wasnt sufficient, but naturally newer and faster chip is always nicer in next gen hardware :p

That said, I'm happy with my RT and it'll probably be in active use for the next 2-3 years, if it just holds up which I dont really doubt (except for the touch cover)

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
-Haswell chip for better battery
-Fanless cooling
-Thinner / lighter design
-A dock for external kb/mouse/monitor

Otherwise the ultimate tablet.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The ability to wirelessly connect my Surface to my TV

Real pen stylus support

Other than those two things, general overall improvements that one would expect with a second generation device i.e. display, battery life, hardware, memory etc.

For our needs, the RT simply fulfills the 80/20 rule and is actually closer to 90 rather than 80. I've never understood the hate for this device other than plain ignorance as to what the device offered, and that is from a lack of research and the expectation of selling clicks rather than basing any conclusions in fact.

Michael Muscat

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Well here's my wishlist.
- 16:10 form factor (2560x1600px display). This would allow for type/touch covers with larger trackpads while also improving portrait viewing
- Adjustable kickstand angle (portrait hinge would be nice as well)
- Better cameras and mic with integrated Kinect motion sensors (killer app potential)
- Front facing speakers with better volume
- NFC

Michael Muscat

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
a.aaa-No-fun-allowed..jpg

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Specifically, I would like to see an 8" Surface Pro with a proper enterprise dock: dual monitor support, multiple usb ports, audio output, ethernet jack.

In general, I'd like to see 3g/4g capabilities, a built-in silo for the pen, and a more versatile kickstand.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I never understood the "I want it lighter, less weight, its too heavy" crowd. Its currently two pounds. Jesus, how weak are you people.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I never understood the "I want it lighter, less weight, its too heavy" crowd. Its currently two pounds. Jesus, how weak are you people.

Well to be fair, its the same with smaller items (ex mobile phones). A mobile phone can be less than a pound, but you cant hold it up in front of you for very long without having to switch hands or resting your arm on a table or something for support. What more with an item that's twice as heavy? Then add a type or touch cover, then it becomes 3x as heavy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs