Eve-Tech Project codename: "Pyramid Flipper"

Eve-Mike

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys!

Mike from Eve-Tech Finland here. We love the WC community and figured we ought to get some decent answers from here, the hub of the Windows-savvy ;)

Our previous product, the Eve T1 was reviewed right here at Windows Central and as it happens we are in midst of developing a new device. Its proposed to be a Windows 10 2-in-1 / hybrid. Our goal is a device of no compromise, a mobile creation station - much like the surface.

To be able to get it right the first time, we do it with end-users from day one.

Currently at eve.community we are figuring out what display to put in the Pyramid Flipper (codename) and would love to know your take on it;

What do you guys think is the best display for a mobile 2-in-1?
What does it have to have?
What is the best one You've seen?

Let's opinionate ;)

ps. To learn more about the Pyramid Flipper and especially how it is developed check our community page at eve.community or at our web page!

Don't hesitate to ask and and all questions. I'm here!

abrichman

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I am not familiar with your products but one thing I'd like to see implemented in newer laptop/2-1s is a way to switch off touch for battery life, even if it requires a restart. Same with dGPUs. And likely not feasible, if the number of pixels could be halved toward the same end goal. Just the ability to run in power conservation mode assuming all of these can be a battery drain that could be recouped when disabled.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm going to keep putting this out there everywhere I see it

1) Thunderbolt, for eGPU's and full speed external harddrives. Allowing a real docking system that will let your 2 in 1, go 3 in 1, and fully replace your desktop. Why not have one machine that can rule them all, now the new intel chipsets finally support thunderbolt?

2) Replaceable laptop ram. Make it upgradable. Some people will want to get silly and have 16 or 32 of ram, and why not let them

3) Replaceable ssd - same deal. Some crazy fella is going to want 512, or even 1 tb. Let them.

The other advantage of 2 & 3 is you could ship with moderate ram/ssd, and lower the cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb