HD7s available June 5th.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Would but if I ended up getting a rev. 1.4 I would be very unhappy. Besides the focus is ending its life cycle soon. I'm going to at least wait and see what the hd7s feels like in person before I decide either way.

Sent using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
if you're going into a store, then you can ensure you get 1.3. but check it out when it comes out and see how they feel.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 via Board Express

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Would but if I ended up getting a rev. 1.4 I would be very unhappy. Besides the focus is ending its life cycle soon. I'm going to at least wait and see what the hd7s feels like in person before I decide either way.

Sent using Tapatalk

Ending it's lifecycle soon? Do you know something I don't? The hd7s's hardware is at least as old as the galaxy line, the hardware basis of the focus.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ending it's lifecycle soon? Do you know something I don't? The hd7s's hardware is at least as old as the galaxy line, the hardware basis of the focus.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Think about it, even though the HD7s is based on the older HD7 chasis it is still a "new" phone. It won't be long before Samsung decides to update its WP7 line and provide a better phone. I doubt HTC will come out with anything anytime soon since they are just releasing the Trophy and HD7S. Besides, HTC is WAY too focused on Android at the moment. At any rate I doubt anything will come out before the fall either way besides what has already been announced. Just my opinion.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Think about it, even though the HD7s is based on the older HD7 chasis it is still a "new" phone. It won't be long before Samsung decides to update its WP7 line and provide a better phone. I doubt HTC will come out with anything anytime soon since they are just releasing the Trophy and HD7S. Besides, HTC is WAY too focused on Android at the moment. At any rate I doubt anything will come out before the fall either way besides what has already been announced. Just my opinion.
I guess his point is, even though the HD7S is coming out, the only real difference is the screen, which the Samsung differences will still lead in that category being older.

Even if the life cycle of the Focus ends tomorrow, it doesn't change the fact that the HD7S is still 1st gen with a better screen.

I understand liking the device more, but if it's because of "life cycle", I'm not sure I understand why that would sway your decision.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess his point is, even though the HD7S is coming out, the only real difference is the screen, which the Samsung differences will still lead in that category being older.

Even if the life cycle of the Focus ends tomorrow, it doesn't change the fact that the HD7S is still 1st gen with a better screen.

I understand liking the device more, but if it's because of "life cycle", I'm not sure I understand why that would sway your decision.

I guess I was just making a point. The reason I like it more is because of the chasis design and build quality. I had a Focus for a few weeks when it first came out and returned it for more than one reason, but I did not like how cheap it felt. I am kinda disappointed that it will retail at $199, while the HD7 is $50 and the HTC Inspire 4G (same body desing, although it runs android) is only $99.

Taking a first Gen hardware and adding a better screen kinda makes it Gen 1.5 doesn't it? :p

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess I was just making a point. The reason I like it more is because of the chasis design and build quality. I had a Focus for a few weeks when it first came out and returned it for more than one reason, but I did not like how cheap it felt. I am kinda disappointed that it will retail at $199, while the HD7 is $50 and the HTC Inspire 4G (same body desing, although it runs android) is only $99.

Taking a first Gen hardware and adding a better screen kinda makes it Gen 1.5 doesn't it? :p
i was gonna say that, but since the screen isn't better than the Focus, i kept it at 1st... haha

like putting fresh paint on a civic while the m3 (focus) looks sexier even after the paint job. :lol:

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
i was gonna say that, but since the screen isn't better than the Focus, i kept it at 1st... haha

like putting fresh paint on a civic while the m3 (focus) looks sexier even after the paint job. :lol:

I will be interested to see if there is anything else different about the phone when it launches. A slightly better screen is not enough to deter me from getting a device with superior build quality, but if that is the only thing different about the phone it may not be enough to keep me from saving $400. In the end it just depends on what feels best in my hand and works best for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon