What's Actually Announced?

monergist

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
First post. :)

So, what new phones have actually been announced? I've been looking all over to see what's coming up, and while there is plenty of news about Mango, I haven't seen anything about devices.

I'm eligible for an upgrade at VZW, and have looked at the Trophy, but if new hardware is coming out in the next 6 months, I can wait it out. However, I don't see anything announced. If the new hardware is cool enough, I may wait until June 2012 and switch carriers. While I love VZW for their call quality, they rarely carry the latest and greatest phones.

Thanks!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
First post. :)

So, what new phones have actually been announced? I've been looking all over to see what's coming up, and while there is plenty of news about Mango, I haven't seen anything about devices.

I'm eligible for an upgrade at VZW, and have looked at the Trophy, but if new hardware is coming out in the next 6 months, I can wait it out. However, I don't see anything announced. If the new hardware is cool enough, I may wait until June 2012 and switch carriers. While I love VZW for their call quality, they rarely carry the latest and greatest phones.

Thanks!
Welcome to wpcentral! Currently no new devices have been confirmed but the rumor mill has HTC bringing two new Windows Phones, Samsung bringing five, and Nokia bringing two. Since these are just rumors there's no telling what carriers will be receiving any of these supposed devices. I am more than confident however that at least one device from each OEM will be ready by the holidays. Theoretically, that would be around 5-10 devices. I'm fairly positive that each carrier will be getting one...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
woah woah woah 5 Samsung phones? I never hear of that? Focus successor, Omnia successor and qwerty variants?
I can name four of the five; 1. Focus successor 2. Omnia successor 3. New physical qwerty device 4. 4.5" Infuse variant. The fifth one could be a new "flagship" device to compete with the awesome quality that Nokia (and now HTC) will be bringing to the table. That would be a good thing I believe because it goes to show that OEMs are not discouraged by the Nokia deal and are willing to bring quality of devices up to that of Nokia devices.

monergist

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
After seeing the Nokia N9, I'd really love to see a WP7 device in a similar form factor. I haven't made up my mind to go WP7 yet, but really nice hardware would be persuasive.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
After seeing the Nokia N9, I'd really love to see a WP7 device in a similar form factor. I haven't made up my mind to go WP7 yet, but really nice hardware would be persuasive.
Mango is really what OEMs were waiting for to go balls out in quality devices. So if you can wait I'm more than positive that one of these future devices will gain your high interest.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That leaked Dell roadmap showed a new WP7 device for September, I believe. They were missing in action from the recent Microsoft event where they revealed Mango, though, so nobody is sure what Dell is up to now.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
That leaked Dell roadmap showed a new WP7 device for September, I believe. They were missing in action from the recent Microsoft event where they revealed Mango, though, so nobody is sure what Dell is up to now.

a new phone would be nice but, what Dell really NEEDS to be up to right now is getting the firmware update out to all the DVP owners who are currently somewhat annoyed that a great phone has some irritating quirks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923