Any new LTE VZW Windows Phone 7 coming soon? I am trying to resist the Droid Bionic

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I really don't see the need for "4G." 3G is plenty fast for me, and 4G is really more like 3G+. Plus it just drains battery life.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Problem isnt with Microsoft, WP7 specs now support 4G/LTE Qualcomm chipsets so if there are no LTE phones on Verizon among the new Mango phones thats due to Verizon not requesting them or OEM's not willing to produce them.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
But its a Motorola... :( Your considering giving up Windows Phone for Moto Blur?! When I had an android device it was a HTC with Sense that is the only way I could stand to even use Android.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
The bionic will probably be great for the first couple weeks. That is until it starts lagging, freezing, and apps start to force close. The apps on android typically don't look that great either, plus they perform as if they were programmed for the lowest common denominator, so that shiny bionic will run apps made for the budget android phones. Sorry if I sound cynical, but I've used a ton of android phones and in my opinion, this is how it always works out.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i currently have an moto atrix, and i say dont do it. even the new moroblur is crap. i cant wait to get rid of it and get a focus. then in feb i can update to one of the newer phones.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I came from a motorola droid. When it was time to upgrade I played with every top android phone in the store. Those phones were nice, but every one of them lagged a bit. The only thing that compares to the smoothness of the iphone is windows 7. I was going to wait for the next iphone but after reading reviews and watching plenty of videos I took the plunge and went WP7. Android has so much potential, but right now it's just not as polished as it should be. For some that's not an issue, but it was for me. I highly recommend spending as much time as possible playing with the phone before you buy it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's why I gave my captivate to my chic. I remember my first Mac was running on a 800mhz power pc, and it ran great. Why the **** can't Android run smoothly with 1ghz + chips.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
+16 on not getting the Bionic. I had the Evo a little while after it came out. Again, unpolished, laggy, etc. I will continue to hold on to my Pre- until Sprint comes out with another WP7 or I get a cheap HTC Arrive in the meantime.

That is a no brainer for me. I absolutely will not settle for Android. It has to be the worst OS out there in terms of security, layout, and the way that every device is just a cookie cut-out of the last with only a few minor changes.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what looks so good about the Bionic, it seems ugly. Maybe is the specs.

There's a lot of LTE android phones on Verizon, the Droid Charge looks pretty if you are interested.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what looks so good about the Bionic, it seems ugly. Maybe is the specs.

There's a lot of LTE android phones on Verizon, the Droid Charge looks pretty if you are interested.

That's just it. The specs are beautiful. The battery life will inevitably suck and in the end, it's just another ugly Android phone.

Waiting for an iPhone 5, I understand. It's not for me, but it is an elegant OS. But Android is just ugly. No matter how much Sense, Motoblur, or Touchwiz makeup they put on that pig, it's still a pig.

v3rn

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I considered going to the Bionic, but I'm gonna hold off until I see the next Ice Cream Sandwich Android phones before I decide to move or stay with WP7.

4G LTE isn't 3G+, it's incredibly faster than 3G and faster than most people's home connections. You're thinking about AT&T and T-Mobile's version of 4G which isn't 4G at all, they just say it so they can compete with Verizon.

And the battery in the Bionic is huge, and hands on reports are stating very very long battery life.

There are pluses and minuses for both Android and WP7. I miss Android because I could do so much more with it and it had so many more apps available for it. But I know if I go back to Android that I'll miss the smoothness and ease of use of WP7.

I would consider not getting the Bionic and getting the Samsung Galaxy S II instead though. Both are rumored to be coming out the same day, and the GSII is looking to be a much better phone. But try it out before, only you can make the decision. I know some people hate how WP7 looks, and there are obviously people who hate how Android looks. It's all personal preference.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Spec's don't mean much in the Android world.

My advice? Pick the OS you like more. If you like Android, use it. But if you like WP7 OS, and are somehow under the impression you need the latest and greatest;let me tell you: (and you shouldnt use a system you like less just for the spec sheet)

Almost nothing is coded for dual core chips right now.

LTE isn't fully built out yet and drains battery.

WP7 runs butter smooth on 2gen old hardware while Android still has major issues on the latest and greatest bionic/supersonic/handofzeus phones just released.

Grab a used Trophy and enjoy a superior OS/UI and wait for the LTE phones. Mango is bringing it in the software dept. and the OEM's will start pushing out more and more hardware phones like they do with Android, so just wait for the one you like while having a perfectly working used phone ;p

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Spec's don't mean much in the Android world.

My advice? Pick the OS you like more. If you like Android, use it. But if you like WP7 OS, and are somehow under the impression you need the latest and greatest;let me tell you: (and you shouldnt use a system you like less just for the spec sheet)

Almost nothing is coded for dual core chips right now.

LTE isn't fully built out yet and drains battery.

WP7 runs butter smooth on 2gen old hardware while Android still has major issues on the latest and greatest bionic/supersonic/handofzeus phones just released.

Grab a used Trophy and enjoy a superior OS/UI and wait for the LTE phones. Mango is bringing it in the software dept. and the OEM's will start pushing out more and more hardware phones like they do with Android, so just wait for the one you like while having a perfectly working used phone ;p

Have you ever even used the bionic? No thats right because it isn't even out yet. Please don't act like you know everything when you or nobody else have played with the bionic(other than testers) Not to mention the nexus line is pretty smooth. Yeah lte isn't built out yet but you are on at&t so most likely never used lte which is way faster than any other carriers so called 4g and faster than many home internet connections. I think if microsoft waits with their os to push out a 4g phone they are only hurting themselves. Android and Ios continue to improve and will only get better. Microsoft can't keep sitting around and waiting it isnt just going to fall into their lap. People go for what it says on the sheet whether that is right or not. Why do you think iphones sell so well? Advertising which wp7 is lacking and android sells so well beause of advertisment, choice and if people walk in and see a big sign saying 4G they will go for that because that is what most unknowledgable consumers choose. I want wp7 to make it but it just seems like they came a little late to the party and seem to only care about making money off of android royalites since they make more off that then their entire wp7 sales.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever even used the bionic? No thats right because it isn't even out yet. Please don't act like you know everything when you or nobody else have played with the bionic(other than testers) Not to mention the nexus line is pretty smooth. Yeah lte isn't built out yet but you are on at&t so most likely never used lte which is way faster than any other carriers so called 4g and faster than many home internet connections. I think if microsoft waits with their os to push out a 4g phone they are only hurting themselves. Android and Ios continue to improve and will only get better. Microsoft can't keep sitting around and waiting it isnt just going to fall into their lap. People go for what it says on the sheet whether that is right or not. Why do you think iphones sell so well? Advertising which wp7 is lacking and android sells so well beause of advertisment, choice and if people walk in and see a big sign saying 4G they will go for that because that is what most unknowledgable consumers choose. I want wp7 to make it but it just seems like they came a little late to the party and seem to only care about making money off of android royalites since they make more off that then their entire wp7 sales.

I've used the Atrix which is its more powerful brother. I generally have 6-8 phones at my house at a time. I know Android very well and it performs like sh*t.

You say iOS keeps improving and MS is sitting around, yet there isn't an LTE iPhone either, and they are just getting dual core with their next release. Mango is the single biggest OS update in any mobile platform, yet MS is sitting around? Nokia deal? Just wait and see the push they make starting next month. It will be big.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I've used the Atrix which is its more powerful brother. I generally have 6-8 phones at my house at a time. I know Android very well and it performs like sh*t.

You say iOS keeps improving and MS is sitting around, yet there isn't an LTE iPhone either, and they are just getting dual core with their next release. Mango is the single biggest OS update in any mobile platform, yet MS is sitting around? Nokia deal? Just wait and see the push they make starting next month. It will be big.

How is the atrix more powerful? ompa >tegra 2, bigger screen, etc. And mango is just adding things that should have been in there from the start. Ios is adding a ton of new features I think like over 500. Yeah MS did all of that but once mango is out then it will be a little behind IOS and android but with the right hardware it could put it on par with those. I wish they would push it more I think it has potential just seems they expect it to sell on its own which wont happen its not Ios or android which is in your face with ads all over the place. I have yet to see anyone with a wp7 phone or a wp7 commercial. I've seen more people with webos than I have with wp7 lol that isnt good lol.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It seems that android phones need a lot of cpu power to run smooth. I played with all the top android phones Verizon has before I got my trophy and they are smoother than my droid but not as smooth as the iphone. This includes the droid 3 and droid x2, both of which are dual-core. I was looking for a phone that was buttery smooth and consistent in operation and android at this point in time doesn't have that. My trophy can't do everything an android phone can do but it does everything I need it to do. WP7 has a lot of bang for the buck.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How is the atrix more powerful? ompa >tegra 2, bigger screen, etc. And mango is just adding things that should have been in there from the start. Ios is adding a ton of new features I think like over 500. Yeah MS did all of that but once mango is out then it will be a little behind IOS and android but with the right hardware it could put it on par with those. I wish they would push it more I think it has potential just seems they expect it to sell on its own which wont happen its not Ios or android which is in your face with ads all over the place. I have yet to see anyone with a wp7 phone or a wp7 commercial. I've seen more people with webos than I have with wp7 lol that isnt good lol.

I do wish they kept their ads going, but I guess they are waiting for Mango's release. So we will have to wait and see if it was worth it hehe.

I've started to see more and more WP7's out recently which is good, but I really don't expect much absorption into the consumer market until we see the now feature rich OS with more enticing hardware options coming in the next few months.

The point with Android is you shouldn't need to beef up the hardware like a gamer PC to run smooth. These current gen WP7 phones have 2 gen old hardware and run like butter. Thats the difference in polish of the OS and software experience that Apple & MS has over Google (and others). Thats also a reason they will be able to penetrate the lower end market in addition to the high end with fantastic user experience phones that are cheap while still retaining their polished feel. Even iOS4 has issues on lesser hardware like the iPhone3G.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs