AT&T announces new Windows Phone lineup

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Guess Sammys still in the game! Wish sprint will release there line up next! And where's the Nokia phones at guess we got to wait a little longer.

Yeah, I'd prefer to have a Nokia device, but a minimum of 6 months more waiting for anything to hit the USA, I just can't do it. And the Focus S seems to me the first device that is pretty much exactly what I want.

corknut

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope the Focus S keeps the SD card slot or at the very least has decent built in storage. I want the phone with the big gee bees.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If they keep the SD card slot, hopefully they have a way of actually determining cards that work that doesn't involve guessing.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'd prefer to have a Nokia device, but a minimum of 6 months more waiting for anything to hit the USA, I just can't do it. And the Focus S seems to me the first device that is pretty much exactly what I want.

Glad to hear it. You have had one helluva wait!

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
i cant wait to bust out my new S-AMOLED-PLUS!! hehehehe

Any one wana by a SAMSUNG FOCUS?? lol good deal :p

Actually i do :)

Want to see some pics of these phones... I bet like all samsungs they will be amazingly well styled.
I think i read that the Focus S is only 8.55mm thick. awesome!!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely looking forward to that focus s... can we get some love with a forum for it? I see the HTC devices got them :(

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I noticed is that the Focus S will be thinner than the GSII. I've already used the Sprint version @ 9.6mm and thought that was ridiculously thin (in a good way). AT&T's GSII will be 8.9mm and the new Focus S will be 8.55mm. It'll be like holding a piece of loose-leaf paper by year 2014.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard if the Samsung Focus S will have NFC on board? I haven't seen a yay or nay pn that yet. This is one thing that is a pretty big deal, and it better have.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Another thing I noticed is that the Focus S will be thinner than the GSII. I've already used the Sprint version @ 9.6mm and thought that was ridiculously thin (in a good way). AT&T's GSII will be 8.9mm and the new Focus S will be 8.55mm. It'll be like holding a piece of loose-leaf paper by year 2014.

It's just my opinion, but I think they are starting to make phones too thin

Unless they come in solid metal case, too thin can make them extremely fragile. I've seen too many busted screens at work when someone pulls a phone out of their pocket, or if you drop it, say good bye.

Like i said, it's just my opinion. :cool:

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe that they are planning to have a sort of NFC type sticker that can be stuck the inside of your battery cover, but that it's better to be built in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss