(RUMOR) Nokia World to release Verizon Phone.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I think Verizon is really hung up on pushing LTE and Droids, so if a LTE Nokia phone comes out, I can see it landing on Verizon.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
yea i dont see it being a LTE phone. I really do not see Nokia releasing a Verizon phone any time soon sadly. I think Microsoft and Nokias plan is to target other areas instead of the US and then come into the US market when it gains popularity elsewhere. At least thats what it looks like right now. Every day there is news on ads, commercials, etc in other countries but nothing in the US. The US is totally apple and android right now so i cant blame them. Got to do what works best. Hopefully I am wrong..

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are planning to switch to AT&T, but if a Nokia WP with LTE comes to Verizon, game over. I'm there. The one way I could see this happening is that Nokia does get more deep OS customization rights than other manufacturers, so they could have potentially built LTE support into their phones.

EDIT: Also it has been said that Nokia will help MS develop new features for WP. Maybe Nokia is getting early access to LTE support because they helped build it into the OS.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Do NOT cut the slender sliver of a hope that I have that Verizon will end up getting one of the new Nokias!! It's all I have!!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
what makes you guys think LTE support won’t come in the next GEn WP7?? with he tango update

That’s pretty much what TANGO is for ,,, small fixes and extra Network Support... they talked about it on the podcast.

So if next Nokia phones are TANGO phones im seeing LTE support. And that can be as early as Q1-Q2

*cross fingers*

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
what makes you guys think LTE support won’t come in the next GEn WP7?? with he tango update

That’s pretty much what TANGO is for ,,, small fixes and extra Network Support... they talked about it on the podcast.

So if next Nokia phones are TANGO phones im seeing LTE support. And that can be as early as Q1-Q2

*cross fingers*

That's what I am thinking. Since AT&T and Verizon are playing LTE speed war in the states, I would think we would see some LTE phones early in 2012.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that Verizon will get a Nokia WP7. My company issued phone is due an upgrade in March, and if there's a Nokia available I'm taking it...LTE or no LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb