Would YOU buy a Lenovo device?

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Now that we've seen a rumored picture of a Lenovo phone running WP7, I feel that the question needs to be asked... Would you buy a phone made by Lenovo?

I would definitely buy one, depending on the specs, as I am a fan of Lenovo computers.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If it was spec'd right, a WP yes. Not an Android though, as I wouldn't trust them with updates. I think their WP looks nice. If it had at least 16 gb (32 would be better), a 1.4 ghz+ processor, a 3.7-4.3" screen (preferably 3.7-4.0"), and some decent exclusive apps (on par with HTC, not necessarily as awesome as Nokia), I would buy.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was actually excited when I heard about an Acer WP7 because I love their computers so I thought they would make a great cell phone, then I saw the specs :(. Honestly, any computer manufacturer like that will probably not make a great cell phone. At least not right away. Don't get me wrong, it will be adequate, but nothing in the league of Samsung, LG, or HTC. One manufacturer I wish was making a windows phone would be Sony. I have to admit when they do make cell phones they are very good.

So, my opinion is for right now Lenovo is a no go. However, they could have potential and it depends on how much they pour into a phone. For instance, I remember the Dell Aero and Streak when they first came out. They were good phones but nothing like the competition in terms of quality or specs. However, we all remember when the Dell Venue Pro came out. It is still a stunning windows phone. Next year might just be Lenovo's year. I think on this one you also have to remember the rule about not buying the first batch of anything. You want to wait for them to get all the kinks out.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
S2 looks like a focus. If they bring something new and exciting to the table, I will. Not if they just make another of the same thing.

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's some info on the Lenovo LePhone S2
Lenovo LePhone S2 Windows Phone 7 handset out in the wild | MobileTechWorld

What I don't understand is it's a Chinese company that's almost trying make people believe that they are French. I don't get. It seems really deceptive to me.

I don't see why you think Lenovo is pretending to be a french company. Don't tell me just because of "Le"? It's just the initial of the company's name. Which country do you think is for iDevice or DeviceDroid?

=P

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why you think Lenovo is pretending to be a french company. Don't tell me just because of "Le"? It's just the initial of the company's name. Which country do you think is for iDevice or DeviceDroid?

=P

LOL! That's why Le Novo, Le Phone. It certainly doesn't sound Chinese me. :D

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
LOL! That's why Le Novo, Le Phone. It certainly doesn't sound Chinese me. :D

Wiki:
In 2004, Lenovo Group changed its English name to Lenovo Group Limited. "Lenovo" is a portmanteau of "Le-" (from Legend) and "novo", Latin ablative for "new". The Chinese name (simplified Chinese: 联想; traditional Chinese: 聯想; pinyin: li?nxiǎng) means "association" or "connected thinking" but can also imply creativity. The name was changed from Legend because it conflicted with other trademarks registered in the West.

If Lenovo doesn't sound Chinese to you, how about FOXCONN? LOL

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The design is pretty smooth. Looks really really cheap.

Well, it is a prototype.

Hopefully Lenovo would bring a phone to the table with hardware like their Thinkpads and thinkpad tablets- strong, robust, sexy and simple.

lenovo-thinkpad-tablet-android.png

Imagine hardware like that, on a phone. Seems awesome to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077