Pocketnow confirms Nokia 900 specs...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
'Course I'm in, probably get an import to avoid any of that at&t speed crippling BS but definitely will be retiring my DVP for this. Yay!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Not with lte.

LTE itself doesn't use more battery life.

It has on Verizon because they need to have two antenna on the phone working at the same time. One for CDMA and one for LTE.

From what I understand in the LTE thread, AT&T, because they use GSM technology already, can switch from GSM to LTE instead of having to run both antenna at the same time.

Don't take this as gospel though. I'm not exactly sure how it works yet.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
LTE itself doesn't use more battery life.

It has on Verizon because they need to have two antenna on the phone working at the same time. One for CDMA and one for LTE.

From what I understand in the LTE thread, AT&T, because they use GSM technology already, can switch from GSM to LTE instead of having to run both antenna at the same time.

Don't take this as gospel though. I'm not exactly sure how it works yet.

I understand that but faster network speeds will result in people doing more with their phones and use more battery usually.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
ok nice to know but was that worth you crapping this thread?

I for one am sold on this device especially if it's coming to Tmobile unless an HTC equivalent is announced.

How am i crapping this thread? Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about at all since I said if it comes to verizon I will give it a look. Nice try though. smh

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
How am i crapping this thread? Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about at all since I said if it comes to verizon I will give it a look. Nice try though. smh

The fact that it may or may not include LTe is irrelevant that's why. That could also mean that just because it doesn't have LTe you won't buy it or it won't sell well. Now if you had said more than what you did it may have been better but no.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm 110%. I'm gonna get one of my lines eligible for the release... if not, I'll cancel it and start a new line.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That's some dedication duvi!

I don't think I'll quite go that far. I have two lines coming up for renewal at the end of the year. So I think I can get by with my Titan until then. But I can definitely see why someone would go through extreme measures to get the Nokia 9xx. It definitely appears to be one sweet device.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Highly unlikely VZW will have this phone... 710 maybe.. maybe by June the way they move.. clearly VZW has a h*rd on for Microsoft.. which is fine.. in the big picture they but a pimple on a gnats behind... Too bad for us in the USA.. not such a big deal worldwide.

AT&T on the other hand... lets ROLL ! I might even enter a contract for that bad boy !

I would sure like to see some feedback on what will be fixed in the next OS update... (disappearing keyboard, no MMS video, keyboard accuracy etc..) That is really just as important to me...

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Highly unlikely VZW will have this phone... 710 maybe.. maybe by June the way they move.. clearly VZW has a h*rd on for Microsoft.. which is fine.. in the big picture they but a pimple on a gnats behind... Too bad for us in the USA.. not such a big deal worldwide.

AT&T on the other hand... lets ROLL ! I might even enter a contract for that bad boy !

I would sure like to see some feedback on what will be fixed in the next OS update... (disappearing keyboard, no MMS video, keyboard accuracy etc..) That is really just as important to me...

Actually they have a hard on for google. They don't give two ****s about microsoft which is why they are so slow with wp.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The fact that it may or may not include LTe is irrelevant that's why. That could also mean that just because it doesn't have LTe you won't buy it or it won't sell well. Now if you had said more than what you did it may have been better but no.

Where did I say anything about it not going to sell well? Please do not put words into my mouth and why does it matter what phone I want? If I choose to not buy it because it does not have lte or something after all it is my phone. I don't understand why you get such a hard on for everything I post.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting to see if Sony Ericsson (errr I mean Sony now) releases a phone at CES for WP7. I would think that would look very good design wise, plus if they import the Playstation Suite it would be another plus. Also, you can't leave out the new phones from HTC and Samsung. They may offer something that this 900 may not have. It is too early to say which device will be the best out of the bunch.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's a top of the line phone, but I am going to hold out until they stick another 12MP camera into one like they did on my N8. :cool:

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting to see if Sony Ericsson (errr I mean Sony now) releases a phone at CES for WP7. I would think that would look very good design wise, plus if they import the Playstation Suite it would be another plus. Also, you can't leave out the new phones from HTC and Samsung. They may offer something that this 900 may not have. It is too early to say which device will be the best out of the bunch.

Sony does make nice looking phones. Maybe something along the lines of the arc design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb