WILL Sprint be getting anymore WP7 devices??

AlexanderMatthews

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I work for Sprint at the moment and I haven't heard ANYTHING to suggest Sprint will be getting anymore WP7. What's the deal? I have an iPhone right now and still have my Arrive. I've thought about going back, but I would just prefer an all touchscreen WP7. When the crap is Sprint going to get it together and get us one??

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends on if it takes off. Sprint did the same thing with Android. They launched 1 (or maybe 2) low-mid range phones, then when Android took off they went balls to the walls with it, launching the Evo 4G which was one of the best Android phones for a long time. Sprint actually launched the HTC Hero prior to the launch of the Motorola Droid on Verizon by about 2 or 3 weeks. So if the big carrier (AT&T in WP7's case) is able to push WP to success, Sprint will follow. Sprint is too small of a carrier to build a OS to success on their own, they have to give their customers what they want to minimize churn, and most customers don't want Windows Phone right now.

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on if it takes off. Sprint did the same thing with Android. They launched 1 (or maybe 2) low-mid range phones, then when Android took off they went balls to the walls with it, launching the Evo 4G which was one of the best Android phones for a long time. Sprint actually launched the HTC Hero prior to the launch of the Motorola Droid on Verizon by about 2 or 3 weeks. So if the big carrier (AT&T in WP7's case) is able to push WP to success, Sprint will follow. Sprint is too small of a carrier to build a OS to success on their own, they have to give their customers what they want to minimize churn, and most customers don't want Windows Phone right now.
i know alot of spint people want a windows phone.. on sprint.. they dont want to leave unlimited data.. which is total bull that any carrier has teir data... it should be $1 a GB and everyone would be happy.. i can used 100-200 gb a month easy at home and i pay $30.. im sure if data cost what these cell carriers charge i would have to pay alot more..im on sprint.. i have told them i would buy a windows phone day 1 on sprint if it wasnt junk like the arrive.. they dont care.. they say oh well you want this iphone.. sprint screwed themselves jumping on the iphone when its already saturated to everyone that wanted one...

mattemer

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking about what jdevon was talking about. Sprint got the hero and then the moment, both terrible phones (i raved how great they were at the time, but only bc I picked the hero up on day 1 and was an android wh0re). They really didn't up the ante until the evo came out, then later the epic. I think they are doing the same thing here, despite how much it pi$$es us all off. There was a thread somewhere in this forum within the last month about 3 rumored devices coming to sprint, but I haven't heard any more about any of those 3.

I'd like to see something like the Samsung Flash S. If they were smart (wishful thinking) they'd put out an LTE phone before they even roll out LTE. 1) it will let current customers be ready for when (major IF) LTE rolls out, and 2) since you can only upgrade every 2 years, people won't be as angry if they get a new phone without LTE then have to wait 2 years before they can get LTE. Just my 2 cents.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I work for Sprint at the moment and I haven't heard ANYTHING to suggest Sprint will be getting anymore WP7. What's the deal? I have an iPhone right now and still have my Arrive. I've thought about going back, but I would just prefer an all touchscreen WP7. When the crap is Sprint going to get it together and get us one??

If there isn't a device announced at CES or MWC, you will most likely be waiting for Apollo for any major device.

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If nothing shows up on the horizon soon, it may be time to jump ship on Sprint for the ample shores of AT&T. They seem to be embracing the platform completely.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Here's a phone I'd like to see on Sprint:

Nokia-Windows-Phone-7-Concept-Phone.jpg

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's a phone I'd like to see on Sprint:

Click to view quoted image
i would like to see that as well, and a none slider.. no offence but windows phone os doesnt flip does it? when the phone is sideways, its only useful while watching movies or the net.. you dont need a keyboard.. and frankly judging by the amount of phones that have keyboards to those who dont, it seems the latter is where the money is at.. all i want is ANYTHING new to come to sprint.. i think that should be our motto lol.. beggers cant be choosers my dad always said

Fallen Cpt Jack

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
And pay more money each month? LOL.

I've decided that carrier loyalty is bad for the consumer. Buy what works best for you at the time and be willing to change - I assure you, the carriers have no loyalty to their customers.

We're currently on Sprint's Advantage Club, which basically is something you can only get by being family/good friends with a Sprint employee (as they are legally liable for your account - this is not like SERO). We pay $95/mo for two Arrives ($30/each) and one Overdrive Pro ($35). I used to be able to buy a new phone every 12 months with incentives, but since the iPhone, it's now 24 months, the same as everyone else. I also cannot buy new phones as soon as they come out (I had to buy a white Evo off CL - AC members couldn't buy them until months after the release).

The 900 is confirmed with tethering, and AT&T doesn't charge extra for tethering. I put together a family plan with LTE and tethering which costs $109/month. So, for an extra $14 over Sprint's Employee Plan, I get better coverage, faster speeds and more phones. If and when Sprint becomes competitive in the WP arena again, I'll look at switching back.

AlexanderMatthews

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a family plan sharing 850 minutes unlimited family tewxt and I have granfathered unlimited date I have a focus my wife and daughter have iPhones it about 60.00 per month times 3 That doesnt seem high to me!

See, you're grandfathered into an unlimited data plan. Sprint still has true unlimited. Although I will say their data speeds as of late have been atrocious.

I would love to see a new WP7 phone on the Sprint network, specifically the Nokia Lumia 900, but I know that won't happen anytime soon. I will probably wait on the Lumia 900, watch reviews, and then maybe jump ship and go back to AT&T. Although aren't they changing their plans again?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well I went in and changed the speed on my data on the focus and my devices dos download quicker not sure how much faster nut its noticeable. It does what I want and I am happy and I plan on a new device between the 900 the titan II and the Mendel which should be announced by Samsung at MWC. Leaning toward the 900.

I have been on ATT Cingular or a long time. No real problems with coverage and service except when out in the coiuntry My parents live in a retirement community with spoyyu cell coverage in their subdivision.

stevenmcbeaven

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
One of sprint's top dudes came out and said no new WP7 devices until about August. They are apprehensive to bring any more to the lineup because their ONE DEVICE did not sell so well. I'm royally pissed. You can't expect a mediocre handset to fly off the shelves. WP7 is not doing well at sprint because they have no variety. One handset will not suit everyone's needs. Android is doing so well because the general consumer can have a full feature smartphone for free if they sign a 2 year contract, and there is such a big selection of handsets (Big, Small, Keyboard, All Touch Screen, etc, etc, etc) I have the link the the article in my work email, ill post it up tomorrow.

stevenmcbeaven

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking about what jdevon was talking about. Sprint got the hero and then the moment, both terrible phones (i raved how great they were at the time, but only bc I picked the hero up on day 1 and was an android wh0re). They really didn't up the ante until the evo came out, then later the epic. I think they are doing the same thing here, despite how much it pi$$es us all off. There was a thread somewhere in this forum within the last month about 3 rumored devices coming to sprint, but I haven't heard any more about any of those 3.

I'd like to see something like the Samsung Flash S. If they were smart (wishful thinking) they'd put out an LTE phone before they even roll out LTE. 1) it will let current customers be ready for when (major IF) LTE rolls out, and 2) since you can only upgrade every 2 years, people won't be as angry if they get a new phone without LTE then have to wait 2 years before they can get LTE. Just my 2 cents.
that was me, I apologize, I work for one of the big 4 cell companies, and an HTC rep told me that sprint was going to get an LG WP7, a Samsung WP7, and an HTC WP7 in Q1 of 2012, but that turned out to be a wash.

Sprint: We're Bullish On LTE, Not Windows Phone | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard anything from my reps at the local Sprint store either and they've always been pretty easy going with telling me what they hear either via meetings or through the grape vine. Heck, I knew Sprint was getting the iPhone roughly 5 months before it started getting posted on the sites thanks to them.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, when the company pretty much comes right out at CES and essentially tells Windows Phone to suck it, then yeah, I'd say that's not a very positive sign.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, when the company pretty much comes right out at CES and essentially tells Windows Phone to suck it, then yeah, I'd say that's not a very positive sign.

I'm done, done done with SPRINT, I was such a fan, for the past 15 years and the coments about Windows Phones were wrong. if you go into a sprint store today you will not see the arrive and they will not even try to sell it to you. they will tell you, they were to late to the game .. If I had a penny for every sprint rep that told me that .. I would be rich.

Once the 900 comes out on ATT I'm moving my wife and the 2 kids from the arrives to the 900's on att, I have been floating around for the past year and ahalf on att, tmobile testing out the coverages and once ATT comes out with a family data plan I think they will be even in price with Sprint.

I am sooo Mad at Sprint and the Comments .. they have been telling me through email over and over to just wait its coming but after the remarks I am DONE!!

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
i was hoping sprint would at least get that new lg phone or maybe another htc phone i just want a 4 inch 4g slab damnit im seriously tired of the arrive i hate having this bulky thing with no 4g and a small screen.... man im just tired of sprint having ****ty phone in general if i could id leave......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers