T-Mobile users PLEASE READ

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
If no high end wp7 phone comes to t mobile in the coming months then im just gna pick up a device with Ics on board, then in the future probably come back to windows phone. T mobile sucks

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I won't settle for anything less than a Nokia 900. I have t-mobile in my eyes but I don't care for the radar or lumia 710. Those are just the lame cousins of the Lumia 900 and Titan II. T-mobile should be ashamed of having such lame phones.
That's not very nice. I have a Lumia 710. It's not such a bad phone. ****...ANY Windows Phone is better than an Android POS.

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Take this with a grain of salt, but I know a T-Mobile employee who said they're working with Nokia to bring a "900+" to their stable -- something like the 900, but with a 12MP camera and other "improved" features. Again...grain of salt.

Sir_Josh

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why people are so quick to judge the HTC Radar. It is my first WP device after switching from an iPhone 4 and I am incredibly impressed. Some may quickly write off the Radar or Lumia 710 as being "low-end" devices, but they probably haven't spent an extended period of time with them either. The HTC Radar feels like a very expensive phone, the metal casing and white accents really give it a nice feel, combine that with hardware that works extremely well with WP7 and it really feels like I wouldn't want a phone any faster. I am in Florida, and T-mobile's 4G speeds are FAR better than what I was getting on my iPhone 4 with AT&T.

So if any of you are looking into getting a WP7 device, don't let the old habit of comparing stats/hardware keep you from at least spending a few minutes in a store testing these "low-end" devices, because you may just be surprised on how well they really do perform. :p I am more than happy with my Radar, and will be using it everyday until there is an Apollo device available.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
But the thing is, I know how well the OS perform and I want a better phone around it. The Radar is a phone that's happy enough sporting the bare minimun requirements and I don't like that lazyness.

Sir_Josh

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
But the thing is, I know how well the OS perform and I want a better phone around it. The Radar is a phone that's happy enough sporting the bare minimun requirements and I don't like that lazyness.

Have you actually used one? It isn't bare requirements by any means.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
How not?

HTC Radar
5 Mega Pixel camera, 1 GHZ processor, super LCD, 8GB of storage.

Samsung Focus S
8 Mega pixel camera, 1.4 GHZ processor, SAMD+, 16GB of storage.

The Focus S is above the bare minimun in every way, why should I classify the Radar as high end when it could had launch day one and it will still have average specs.

Sir_Josh

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
How not?

HTC Radar
5 Mega Pixel camera, 1 GHZ processor, super LCD, 8GB of storage.

Samsung Focus S
8 Mega pixel camera, 1.4 GHZ processor, SAMD+, 16GB of storage.

The Focus S is above the bare minimun in every way, why should I classify the Radar as high end when it could had launch day one and it will still have average specs.

I'm not saying it is high end, rather that you don't need high end hardware to get a high end experience using WP7/7.5. That is what is so great about WP as an OS, I get performance that is far far better than I expected. Would it be bette to have higher stats? Absolutely, but for most users the current hardware is more than enough. :)

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I know it works great. But the only reason I haven't jumped to T-mobile yet is because of the averageness of their WP7 devices.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If anyone is interested in jumping to Tmo in anticipation of better phones they now have promo plans that include tethering up to your data allowance (basically as it should have been all along). If they do bring in better Nokia's would be good to get this plan while it lasts.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Take this with a grain of salt, but I know a T-Mobile employee who said they're working with Nokia to bring a "900+" to their stable -- something like the 900, but with a 12MP camera and other "improved" features. Again...grain of salt.

I like salt.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

It's not laziness. It's a good phone made in a way that's affordable to the masses.

Now, the Radar isn't my favorite device. But I've played with it and it's not a bad phone. I do notice a difference in screen quality between the Radar and the Focus or Titan. But it's not like it's bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss