Hands On Nokia Pure View 41MP Camera Phone (WPCentral)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sample shots coming out of Engadget. You WILL be jealous!

Nokia 808 PureView first sample shots -- feast your eyes -- Engadget

nokia808pureviewsamples02.jpg

nokia808pureviewsamples05.jpg

nokia808pureviewsamples07.jpg

nokia808pureviewsamples09.jpg

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Picture Deleted it was rediculously huge LOL

How about a slightly larger PureView photo from Capetown. :)

Woooo! :p

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
holy picture quality batman!!!! that's a nice camera!

WAIT A MINUTE!! this is on the 610? LOW END phone with a 41mp camera!!?? WTF!!??

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I've actually been wondering when someone was going to do something like this for a while. Making the sensor has been possible for years, and the rest is just a matter of making it possible for a general mobile CPU/GPU to work on all that sensor data without having the need of an expensive dedicated image processor.

It would be fun to give it a shot to see how it works in practice. :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Man, I can't wait until Apollo is out.

I don't care if Nokia brings 41 mpx to their high end Apollo handset. But I do want the same tech in there. Also with their sound recording. Wow.

If Nokia's follow up to the Lumia 900 has just a 16 mpx camera with the same type of technology I'd be happy.

Not sure if the huge lens would bug me or not. Though I imagine I could live with it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh my Lord.

Grrrrrr I can't take MWC anymore, I'm so angry and sad =(. Why did Nokia did that to us? I guess I'll wait for Apollo :(.

What do you mean?

Nokia already promised one last Symbian device. This is their last hurrah for those customers.

Right now, WP7.5 doesn't allow Nokia the ability to add these kinds of special hardware features. And they probably think that Apollo is too far off to hype anything about it yet. So this wasn't something that Nokia did to us. It's just something they did FOR their current and loyal Symbian customers.

Remember that not too long ago, Elop stated that Nokia wasn't going to be announcing phones until they were close to release.

The competition out there is fierce. And they, along with MS, are likely keeping things close to the vest for now.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Last year phones like the Samsung S, where shown at MWC at least for a little bit. Where are Windows Phone news? I don't think Apollo is even real now.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Winning Guy

Exactly.

This is coming to Apollo, Harlow made it clear on the announcement saying this will come to other platforms. This is technology Nokia has been working for 5 years, they are not going throw it away after one Symbian phone.

It's a technology and brand that will come to Apollo when the hardware allows it. Without doubt it's part of the Apollo thing we heard about OEM's being able to change quite a bit on the camera department.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I really wish it would be on a WP, but I am sure it will down the road.For now, I am going to get it. I am pretty use to Symbian^3 from my N8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism