Verizon to AT&T?

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I was going to switch but my unlimited data plan, cheaper pricing (my corp. discount is not great at all with AT&T). Also the fact that my last AT&T service with them was abysmal to say the least so it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
how much "umlimited" data do you consume on avg? If its not over 2Gb a mo I'd skip Verizon and ATT and go with Red Pocket $60 or Straight Talk $45.

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
LOL. I switched from sprint to ATT for the Lumia 900. I used to think I needed unlimited data til I analyzed my usage and saw I barely average 2GB a month. So it's not that serious to me anymore

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
how much "umlimited" data do you consume on avg? If its not over 2Gb a mo I'd skip Verizon and ATT and go with Red Pocket $60 or Straight Talk $45.

I can easily surpass 3 GB a month depending on the month. No tethering but lots of streaming and a few intensive background apps. Also just knowing there is no cap, I can sleep better at night. :)

Arcturos

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
i breifly considered switching, until i did the math that even if i decided to give up my unlimited data (which would be stupid imo) i would still be paying more per month on ATT then i do currently on verizon for the same plan/features.

You also have to consider that the better your phone is, the more you will do on it and therefore the more data you will need.

Nope, unlimited data and lower monthly bills still trumps a wp, not matter how nice it may be.

I figure i've waited this long, waiting a few more months wont kill me. Then I will have the choice between iphone 5, BB10, about 3000 new android phones, and maybe just maybe a windows phone or 2 on verizon.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
No I won't switch. I have a great plan and the service is good where I'm at. Also, while I enjoy my trophy, I can't see switching carriers for a WP at this point. Maybe in a year I will feel different, but not right now.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching. Whenver my Lumia comes in. I tested the trophy out a few weeks ago and it was just to small for me and the video and speakers on it sucked. Other than that, the OS is really fluid. The screen on my rezound is 4.3. I think 4.0 is the smallest screen i'll ever get. If the video was better on the trophy I might've stayed, but for a small screen to have ugly pixelation, i wasn't having it. ATT is pretty good around my way, not as good as verizon, but I'll live. I'm tired of android and tired of Verizon stifling the push of ICS as well as other prospective additions...like more windows phones. Plus I like ATT's back up of 4G when LTE isn't working. better than 3G.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I switched! I am paying the exact same price on AT&T. The only downside is I lost my unlimited data, but when I analyzed my usage, I barely average 1GB a month. I thought I was a heavy data user, but I guess not. I guess I never realized how much I actually use WiFi. The big thing for me was coverage, but I have talked to several people in my area that have AT&T and they didn't have any problems. So I guess the things to consider are if you really need unlimited data, and whether or not AT&T has good coverage in your area.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i use wifi almost all the time. Straight Talk works for me. PLus I was tired of paying $90 when I could be paying $45 for the same service.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i left verizon after being with them for over a decade for att when i bought my OG focus and i haven't regretted it yet.

while i really liked not having to worry about data caps when i had my unlim, i have yet to cross over 2GB of data in a month (i'm usually around 1GB) so while the idea of a cap bothers me, i don't really think about it very often.

i can only imagine it will get better once i get on their underutilized LTE network tomorrow! :D

mcjama76

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
How many Verizons are jumping ship to AT&T? the 900 is mighty tempting but I can't convince myself to give up my unlimited data :(

I am jumping ship from Verizon to AT&T and am on a grandfathered unlimited plan. I took a look at my data usage history over the past year and come to find out, I am only using around 1 GB a month on average. Some months were higher while some lower. My highest month was just shy of 2 GB. I tend to think I use my phone a lot too.

So moving from unlimited data to 3 GB is not going to phase me one bit, and I bet a lot of users are in my same boat.

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Made the jump yesterday when my Lumia 900 arrived at my door. Retiring my Trophy and leaving the Windows Phone unfriendly VZW.

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Leaving my unlimited data plan on Verizon.. taking 2 other lines with me as well. Unlike most here, I am a heavy data user... sometimes. Most I've used is 13gb but that was with heavy tethering. Boss was on vacation and we watched 3 seasons of breaking bad and all of game of thrones season 1 that month on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 lol.

Anyway most normal months though I use somewhere between 2-4 gb so I should be fine with my 5gb plan. I just won't be able to tether for things like netflix or hbo go anymore but I rarely have time for that these days anyway. I still come out cheaper per month because the rest of the family plan is better.

kennbw

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I jumped ship since my company pays for phone and plan. Giving my wife my Trophy so that I can move her from the Android world. She really wants my phone but in DC Verizon is the only carrier that has service in the metro. Need that for when she comes home at night. Although my ATT rep said by the end of the year ATT will be in the metro. By then, hopefully, there is a pink Nokia phone for her.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I would switch but AT&T just sucks in my market so why bother. I don't use more than 2GB a month so the unlimited I have isn't a big deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb