Is this the Lumia Pureview???

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
There was a Lumia 900 fiasco?

I must have missed that. :straight:

The Lumia 900 has one of the worse 8megapixel smartphone cameras. The camera was supposed to be better than the one on the Lumia 800 =/.

Also while the 920 concept looks nice, I don't care about the flat look. I like my Optimus 7 look.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I want one of these...
Can't stand the virtual buttons. If you don't want hardware buttons, overhaul the interface to accommodate this. DON'T emulate them on-screen.

I reckon it will look nicer if the buttons are capacitive, and the top bezel equals the bottom bezel (giving the Nokia logo a little more room too).

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 900 has one of the worse 8megapixel smartphone cameras. The camera was supposed to be better than the one on the Lumia 800 =/.

Also while the 920 concept looks nice, I don't care about the flat look. I like my Optimus 7 look.

Look the nokia lumia 900 has a pretty good camera. It may not be amazing but it is a good one. So really for the average person it does the job quite but nokia can still produce much better cameras.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Why are people so concerned over a camera? It's a cell phone! If ya want perfect pix buy a digital camera.

Because there are other smartphones out there with better cameras. How's Windows Phone supposed to gain marketshare if it's high end phones don't even compare to its competitors?

vantil

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
It looks wild but possible, unlike some of the consept phones we have seen.
The design actually makes sense and the Pureview looks good on that, unlike on the 808 IMO.
Nokia has built some crazy phones in the past so I would not be suprised if they made something like this.

Definately not a flagship phone though.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Why are people so concerned over a camera? It's a cell phone! If ya want perfect pix buy a digital camera.

Because good cameras where the only thing that Nokia had for themselves. The specs on their phones are terrible except for their impresive cameras, for example the N8 camera is still the one to compare, years after it came out.

Yet here we are 4 Lumias later and all of them had Mediocre cameras, getting shamed by companies that have Windows Phone as an afterthought. It speaks bad of the company.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I know Nokia was always known for having great camera's but they tout the Carl Zeis lens as if its the greatest thing. The problem is you can have a great lens but if the sensors suck, well then so does the camera. The iP4S has a great camera and that is something Nokia needs to add to their arsenal along with their hot designs.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I know Nokia was always known for having great camera's but they tout the Carl Zeis lens as if its the greatest thing. The problem is you can have a great lens but if the sensors suck, well then so does the camera. The iP4S has a great camera and that is something Nokia needs to add to their arsenal along with their hot designs.

Well they have proven to have amazing sensors time after time on their Symbian devices. PureView being the latest one.

At this point WP is one big mass of grey devices. Exact same hw platforms and same limitations. Nokia's stenght has been it's industry largest R&D budget and the ability to use different suppliers.

Nokia and Qualcomm are far from friends after the fierce legal battle, Nokia hs jever used Qualcomm SoC's before, neither it would want to. I doubt they will collabrate with Qualcomm on things like pentaband that Nokia has on all Symbian devices and camera. That's why it partnered right away with it's friend ST-Ericsson as it joined WP camp. I got a feeling you wont see PureView on any Nokia WP8 Qualcomm device, same goes for pentaband and more.

Last edited:

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Great concept if done correctly. I'd rather see less MP and some smaller sensors to give me a solid 21MP for a slimmer phone instead a bulkier top. I do like the design though, it's an eye turner. Thinking about it though, if would look weird in my pocket (phones in front pocket) and placed on a table due to the gap and rise.

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with one of these

;)

colecoadamwordpresscom-albums41-155.jpg

or

colecoadamwordpresscom-albums41-154.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members