the next samsung apollo phone!!!

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
HTC's One X is a superior device in pretty much every practical way. It's so sad to see Samsung hogging the remainders of the smartphone market's profits left by Apple, despite them doing very little in terms of true innovation and design.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Alone out sold Apple in the last Quarter... Samsung is actually the biggest Cell phone manufacturer in the world right now...

and they are innovative specially with the AMOLED class screens witch Samsung invented BTW and HTC took from them and even apple is thinking of dropping retna for AMOLED.

im never going back to HTC . if anything im doing wp8 Samsung or WP8 Nokia as my next phone.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Alone out sold Apple in the last Quarter... Samsung is actually the biggest Cell phone manufacturer in the world right now...

and they are innovative specially with the AMOLED class screens witch Samsung invented BTW and HTC took from them and even apple is thinking of dropping retna for AMOLED.

im never going back to HTC . if anything im doing wp8 Samsung or WP8 Nokia as my next phone.
Wow, your response makes me so sad.

I was quoting profit share, not market share. Apple owns 73% of smartphone profits, yet you somehow bring up sales numbers for the entire mobile phone business? Say what?

Samsung's screens are about terrible colour reproduction, there used to be much more better colours in OLED screens (see: Zune HD). Mind posting a reputable source to back up your claims of Apple considering AMOLED, and Samsung inventing AMOLED? If not, I'll take it that this site sees it fine to have a moderator spread baseless rumours as fact.

Thanks for providing zero rationale for your avoidance of HTC. If I was told I could get any device on the market right now, it would be the One X. The hardware places it in a better position than Windows Phone devices. It has a better screen and better looks than the Galaxy S III.

Last edited:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I was quoting profit share, not market share. Apple owns 73% of smartphone profits, yet you somehow bring up sales numbers for the entire mobile phone business? Say what?

Samsung's screens are about terrible colour reproduction, there used to be much more better colours in OLED screens (see: Zune HD). Mind posting a reputable source to back up your claims of Apple considering AMOLED, and Samsung inventing AMOLED? If not, I'll take it that this site sees it fine to have a moderator spread baseless rumours as fact.

Thanks for providing zero rationale for your avoidance of HTC. If I was told I could get any device on the market right now, it would be the One X. The hardware places it in a better position than Windows Phone devices. It has a better screen and better looks than the Galaxy S III.

I'll never buy an HTC device, and that's based on my experience with my HD7. The software, of course, is brilliant, but the camera sucks, the battery life is abhorrent, I have to battery pull almost as much as an android device for various reasons, and despite receiving EVERY individual update for the OS (I've been running 8107 for months) I have yet to receive any support in the way of firmware to address the many, MANY issues plaguing this phone. After seeing how quickly and frequently Nokia has doled out fixes, I will be possibly picking up a 710 to tide me over until an Apollo-powered Pureview device materializes.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The software, of course, is brilliant, but the camera sucks, the battery life is abhorrent, I have to battery pull almost as much as an android device for various reasons, and despite receiving EVERY individual update for the OS (I've been running 8107 for months) I have yet to receive any support in the way of firmware to address the many, MANY issues plaguing this phone.
Fair enough, but you have to realise that your device is an old one. The One X does not suffer from terrible battery life or a bad camera, so we'll see how it all turns out come Apollo.

What firmware problems are you facing?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Why are you sad?? And why are you pushing the One X on a Windows Phone forum? For that matter, why is everyone willing to settle for a GS3 skinned with WP? I want a WP offerings that are designed with WP in mind, unique from each manufacturer.

I also don't get your Apple argument, the whole market share VS. Profits is a silly comparison. Samsung is after market share, as is HTC, LG, ZTE, and every other device maker who has a different name than "Apple". Apple is playing a different game than anyone else is. They are a "profit per handset" driven company. They use as much of the same materials as they could from the iPhone 3/3G, and then with the 4/4S. Why? Because it increased the profits by not reinventing their wheel. They do not make low end smartphones. They use the older models on AT&T to take some of the buisness, but it is not like they are designing lower end models. Apple doesn't make feature phones or basic flip phones either. Why? Because that production would take away from the bottom line. They are playing a different game then anyone else. Samsung is winning the game they are playing- profit through market share. Apple is doing fine with their plan. (How is THAT for an understatment?)

By the way, HTC has been really bad about dealing with problems in their WP offerings. All the call issues, freezing issues with my wifes Titan have been ignored. Samsung, on the other hand, put out a great set of devices with the Focus Flash and the Focus S that just work. They are seamless, and a joy to use.

Screen reproduction? That is your preference. I love the colors and how they explode off my "S" screen. I will give Sammy every chance to earn my hard earned cash with their WP8 offerings, over both Nokia and HTC.

I am also easily amused.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Why are you sad?? And why are you pushing the One X on a Windows Phone forum? For that matter, why is everyone willing to settle for a GS3 skinned with WP?
Because a moderator responded rather poorly to my comment. I'm not pushing for the One X, I've been a more vocal Windows Phone fan than most but I'm also grounded in reality - we're at a stage where Android has renewed its hardware cycle but iOS and Windows Phone haven't. I'm not willing to settle for Touchwiz, if I had to get an Android device I would run a custom ROM. I'm doing the same with my Omnia 7 at the moment, I'm enjoying Tango.

I also don't get your Apple argument, the whole market share VS. Profits is a silly comparison.
You're right, you don't. You missed the point entirely. I was saying that it's sad that HTC isn't getting a decent chunk of the profits, since I reckon they have put out great devices. In the past, I feel they've at least rivalled Samsung - lately, I think they've surpassed. I want them to succeed because I like them better.

By the way, HTC has been really bad about dealing with problems in their WP offerings. All the call issues, freezing issues with my wifes Titan have been ignored.
This is what I wanted to know, thanks. I do wonder whether these are widespread problems. When do they occur? My Omnia has rebooted a few times over the months and call quality isn't fantastic, but that's not enough to sour the whole experience. And ultimately, it will be difficult for me to go with any manufacturer apart from Nokia if I stay with Windows Phone.

Screen reproduction? That is your preference. I love the colors and how they explode off my "S" screen.
Fine. I prefer to have realistic colour reproduction so I know I've taken a good photo, not one that will turn to crap once I sync it onto my computer. I also prefer to have a RGB sub-pixel layout, something that only one Samsung Windows Phone has. The Omnia 7, Focus and Focus Flash all have PenTile displays, and I know how bad they look on a WVGA screen.

In terms of Android offerings? I'm going to call it before the formal comparisons - the One X's screen will be found to absolutely destroy the S III's.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I did miss your point on HTC's marketshare. Totally went off on the wrong rant. My apologies!! :)

HTC will be fine. I think they lost their way a little. Their last version of Sense was a bit too intrusive on Gingerbread in my opinion, and I think it detracted from their Android offerings, resulting in a little more buggy performence than previous devices. If the One X is any indication, the latest version of Sense is much better on ICS. I have always loved the feel of HTC phones. I use a case for my "S" just to get a little more solid feel to it.

Yes, the Titan #1 has had a lot of problems. Just cruise over to their forums and read up. Call quality and reception is just awful. But, the Radar on T-Mo seems to be a dependable little guy, and the early reviews on the Titan 2 have it pegged as one of the best WP's yet, so I still have complete faith in HTC to rebound this year. I just really enjoy my "S", and am a huge fan. Sammy has my attention. But I was not blown away by the GS3 reveal either. That is why I am hoping for an exclusive effort from Samsung just for WP.

Hope you do give Nokia and WP branded HTC's a shot. The 900 has had some criticisms on it's camera, but has been a huge hit otherwise. Nokia already has firmware updates coming to improve it. I am really hopeful for WP8, which needs to step up because ICS on Android is a very good version.

Again- sorry I mistook some of your comments. Solid logic behind your arguments!!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No thanks. I don't care for Samsung's designs, or their flimsy plastic build quality. They do have some dazzling specs though. I'm a lot more interested to see what Nokia has up their sleeves.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Fine. I prefer to have realistic colour reproduction so I know I've taken a good photo, not one that will turn to crap once I sync it onto my computer. I also prefer to have a RGB sub-pixel layout, something that only one Samsung Windows Phone has. The Omnia 7, Focus and Focus Flash all have PenTile displays, and I know how bad they look on a WVGA screen.

The Lumia 900 has a SuperAMOLED+ type screen, not pentile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb