Would you get one of htc's rumoured devices. Or wait for Nokia or Sammy phone?

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow.

You are a fan, huh??

:-D

Nope i currently have a Galaxy Nexus and a HP Touchpad, if anything I have been an Android ****** ;), but I like what Microsoft are doing with Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and hopefully Xbox.. As far as Nokia go the Pureview is amazing and put that on a phone and i NEVER need to carry my Camera around to get good snaps, so it makes sense!

I own a PC and Laptop both will be upgraded to W8
I own an Xbox 360
I have $600 saved for a surface or other W8 tablet
And my Phone contract is up in November

I am looking forward to Gogole Conferance on Wednesday maybe then can switch my head back the other way.. though it has to be something special...

Smartphone History

Nexus One -> HTC Desire -> BB 9800 -> Pre 2 -> Omnia 7 -> HTC Legend -> Nexus S -> HP Veer -> Galaxy Nexus

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am torn, I really like the Nokia PureView WP8 renders. It doesn't look as bulky as the 808. I will wait till it is released, unless some concrete info gets officially released that proves it is really thick. My only issue is that I really miss having an LED notification for missed calls/texts and from what I understand, HTC is the only one with that.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm...

Any of them going to make a Dell Venue Pro style device with a great physical keyboard in portrait mode and a wider, 4.0"-4.1" screen to allow more room for that great keyboard? My choice #1.

Or a great 4.0" Droid style with THAT great keyboard? Or at least as nice as the Arrive keyboard? My choice #2.

Probably not? Too much to ask in this day and age? Sigh......

I will honestly give Sammy and HTC every chance to earn my money because I want to support diversity and competition as much as I can. I am VERY intrigued by the Zenith, but we have had SOOOO many problems with my Wife's Titan and so little support from HTC, I am worried. Sammy makes great phones, almost always last the entire contract period and work near perfect.

But, Nokia is Nokia, and their WP 8 devices will probably rule.

Crap, I don't know.

Just to confuse me, Casio will come out with a rugged WP on their G'Zone line, Sony will put one out with both XBOX Live and PS3 hubs, and Motorola will put out a Droid 4 WP. And actually call it that. And it will sell like hotcakes with whipped butter and that fresh, real maple syrup on them.

Too much pressure. I am starting to drink right now.

Thanks alot... Now I need hotcakes with maple syrup.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
nokia based on the support they have given to the phone and users. Continued app developement fixing issues and even credit back for our issues.

Htc on other hand nothing after release of their phone. Even there one x has WiFi issues and there response was that they identified hardware issues and will correct in production for future batches. So users that got phone already are screwed and get nothing for their trouble.

CLear contrast to nokia who credited people that didnt have issues like me. Nokia is all in with wp8 and go with them. Hopefully there camera doesnt suck like 900. 808 purevirw is boss though

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Super LCD 2 is really tempting me. I don't see SAMOLED overtaking it anytime soon.

Of course, PureView is a huge deal and so are software enhancements. Nokia's collection over the HTC Hub, thanks.

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure I trust HTC anymore.

My HD7 has been fine, don't get me wrong, but other HTCs I see around me (Android and WP7) have been dropping like flies.

Id rather wait for the Nokia/Microsoft efforts, the Lumia's have been a quality piece of hardware from my experience.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure I trust HTC anymore.

My HD7 has been fine, don't get me wrong, but other HTCs I see around me (Android and WP7) have been dropping like flies.

Id rather wait for the Nokia/Microsoft efforts, the Lumia's have been a quality piece of hardware from my experience.
Yeah, I touched on this on my post above.

Back in 2010, HTC looked like it was turning into the most dependable company out there for mobile. From mid last year to now, they have really soured. I think we are done with HTC for a while as well.

Sad. I love the feel of the solid, heavy phones HTC makes, and I respect HTC for it's commitment to Microsoft, both Win Mo and WP.

devchimp

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I have my eyes on the HTC Zenith. Really love the details. I have had many HTC devices starting with the DInc and haven't had any problems with then at all.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
HTC wont be my first choice, actually considering how Nokia has stuffed their phones with exclusive apps cant really say no as long as they have a good looking unique design. Already sounds like HTC is going to recycle the One X for WP, not interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3