On screen windows phone keys? Would Sammy able to get the gnex design to wp?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you think on screen windows phone keys is good. I'm basically talking about the gnex like on screen keys.

Do you think it would looks weird or good

Also can Sammy get the gnex design to wp. I'm saying it becuase maybe Sammy can make a gnex shape design with a s3 material. Or could Sammy just copy the gnex deisign?

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
YES they should. not just samsung, the whole wp8 ecosystem of phones to come. they need to do it elegant enough to resemble windows 8 touch screen button controls. the start button should change with the color of the theme. also the 3 dotted hidden menu button on wp apps should predominantly be phone wide and tide in directly with the 3 on screen buttons. thats if it well resembles windows 8. **** why not get rid of the settings app shortcut and make settings accessible system wide just like on windows 8.

So danny in the end integration with windows 8 is key. wp8 is a pocketable version of windows basically. capacitive and physical buttons need to go in order to make a healthier ecosystem. :love:

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Not sure that's supported in the WP8 SDK. Would require supporting a bit larger screen res with x number of pixels being the buttons.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
YES they should. not just samsung, the whole wp8 ecosystem of phones to come. they need to do it elegant enough to resemble windows 8 touch screen button controls. the start button should change with the color of the theme. also the 3 dotted hidden menu button on wp apps should predominantly be phone wide and tide in directly with the 3 on screen buttons. thats if it well resembles windows 8. **** why not get rid of the settings app shortcut and make settings accessible system wide just like on windows 8.

So danny in the end integration with windows 8 is key. wp8 is a pocketable version of windows basically. capacitive and physical buttons need to go in order to make a healthier ecosystem. :love:
Yea. I agree with you. they really need to get rid of the search key. very annoying to go to bing search. and maybe they will lace the back button on the top or bottom left corner. and have one Windows key pr on screen key

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
No, I like the physical buttons, I would hate to some onscreen process stalling things out and get stuck with no way to bypass it...the functionality is nice for me anyway.

Back < or > Multitasking
Home < or > Voice Commands
Search and then vision, audio, local, web

Works for me...

edit: I like the physical camera button as well

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm torn about this. I like the idea of anything that will make the phone smaller while giving me more pixels to use, but the idea of being "locked out" of the buttons when I want/need them because of something happening on screen makes me cringe a little...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett