if motorola broke up with google would/should they try making windows phones?

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
sorry if i have been taking up allot of the forums lately. i wanted another opinion from the community on this. If sometime in the near future google saw motorola to be a wasted asset and left them out to fend for themselves, what would they do to survive. now here is where the rhetorical question comes to play. "if motorola broke up with google would/should they try making windows phones?"

hardware wise motorola has been a major leader in sleek industrial design. on the other hand their software team has been causing many headaches as far as quality control is concerned.

pair motorola's talent in design and in formality with the highly reliable mobile os of windows phone, you have a pretty bad *** combination. And they could/would be a major player for windows phone at verizon wireless.

imagine this: 3300 mah battery, Kevlar backing, 4.5 colorboost 720p HD display, The quality of motorola antenna's and speakers, fingerprint scanner, LTE, ok cameras (something has to give), an S4 Pro Soc, expandable storage, and last but not least windows phone 8

Does this look like something that would/could/should happen if google broke up with motorola? would you like motorola hardware running windows phone 8? voice your opinions below please

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Google bought Motorola, so Motorola is now Google.
besides the fact that they still for the most part run separately as of now. really this topic is kinda a theory in general. if all else fails with the restructuring and expectations proceeding the buy out of mobility, they might as well then be sold off for a loss.

I am not saying this will happen im saying there is always the possibility

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see a Motorola WP8 device as I've always felt that they make solid hardware. Add in the fact that Microsoft forces OEMs to run stock WP software, thereby removing the headaches introduced when skinning an OS, and I'd buy one. My first choice is a Nokia device though.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Google has enough cash to keep Motorola, even if they are non-productive. Just to keep them from doing anything else. Wouldn't be surprised if Google didn't try to snatch up HTC for the same reason. Regulators only watch what Microsoft does.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Google has enough cash to keep Motorola, even if they are non-productive. Just to keep them from doing anything else. Wouldn't be surprised if Google didn't try to snatch up HTC for the same reason. Regulators only watch what Microsoft does.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

+1 I agree! :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077