nokia 920 leak, with pureview technology

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't really like the big black empty bazel in the bottom of the phone. Couldn't they move the Nokia logo to there so it would look less like wasted and useless space that just makes the phone bigger?

It's not empty space when the three capacitative buttons are illuminated...

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited for the new Lumia line. Lumia now comes in red!! I've been waiting for a red smartphone for ages. If it comes with PureView, that's another big plus.

Samsung does nothing for me. Brushed metal? Don't embarrass yourself. My Titan has an actual aluminum backplate.

Of course, if HTC whips out a Snapdragon S4 Pro in time for the WP8 launch, I would be looking at HTC without hesitation.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
What's amazing about the GS3 design is how great it feels in the hand. It's so light, I couldn't believe it.
You are talking of "no compromises", but right off the bat you are fine with compromising the looks (and premium feel) of a device for your personal preference in weight and shape.

Don't even bother.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not empty space when the three capacitative buttons are illuminated...

I mean under the capacitive buttons. There is a lot of black/empty/wasted bazel where the Nokia logo should be placed. Makes more sense than having it on the top of the screen where the bazel is smaller.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm excited for the new Lumia line. Lumia now comes in red!! I've been waiting for a red smartphone for ages. If it comes with PureView, that's another big plus.

Samsung does nothing for me. Brushed metal? Don't embarrass yourself. My Titan has an actual aluminum backplate.

Of course, if HTC whips out a Snapdragon S4 Pro in time for the WP8 launch, I would be looking at HTC without hesitation.

Some reports say that the back is metal with a plastic coating!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 rumoured to be 8 Megapixel

Pureview got people's attention because of it's bonkers megapixel density. Unless the PQ is outstandingly good at 8MP, this is going to be a serious disappointment for those who were (myself included) looking forward to getting their hands on what we thought was pureview.

Here's hoping we still get the 21mp.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
You are talking of "no compromises", but right off the bat you are fine with compromising the looks (and premium feel) of a device for your personal preference in weight and shape.

There is nothing compromising about choosing a person's personal preferences as long as they are his/her own.

I think it's perfectly valid to say, "I don't like Samsung's design because it 'feels' cheap" or "I don't like Samsung's just another slab design style." I think it's equally valid to say, "I don't like Nokia's unibody, rainbow design." We're entitled to disagree and prefer the other or HTC or whomever. This isn't Apple where you get one choice (black or white), and we have to be of one mind!

Nokia Lumia 920 rumoured to be 8 Megapixel

Pureview got people's attention because of it's bonkers megapixel density. Unless the PQ is outstandingly good at 8MP, this is going to be a serious disappointment for those who were (myself included) looking forward to getting their hands on what we thought was pureview.

Here's hoping we still get the 21mp.

Nokia will definitely take a LOT of flak for dishing out the jokes on Samsung if they underwhelm consumers this way, and I know I won't be the only one disappointed if they do this either.

I guess the question to be asking is... where did the source of 21MP vs 8MP come from? I know at WPCentral, we've all been speculating on 21MP, but I don't recall why that was some magic number (because that's what the chipset supports, I think). Did we just speculate that since that's supported that it would be used?

Or was 21MP also part of the leaked information, and now someone else is trying to speculate otherwise?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Nokia will definitely take a LOT of flak for dishing out the jokes on Samsung if they underwhelm consumers this way, and I know I won't be the only one disappointed if they do this either.

I guess the question to be asking is... where did the source of 21MP vs 8MP come from? I know at WPCentral, we've all been speculating on 21MP, but I don't recall why that was some magic number (because that's what the chipset supports, I think). Did we just speculate that since that's supported that it would be used?

Or was 21MP also part of the leaked information, and now someone else is trying to speculate otherwise?

I'm not sure where it came from, but Phi is 21st letter in the Greek alphabet and their recent "Things are about to change" video is 21 seconds long. :)

I'm still holding out for the 21MP camera. Come 'on, Nokia. Don't let us down.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll love to have your optimism Big Supes. But we will know in just 2 days.

I don't have much hope for Nokia since HTC and Samsung threw superior phones on the Focus S and Titan 2 and they don't care about WP.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll love to have your optimism Big Supes. But we will know in just 2 days.

I don't have much hope for Nokia since HTC and Samsung threw superior phones on the Focus S and Titan 2 and they don't care about WP.

It's subjective, but I know I'd prefer a L900, hands-down, over the TItan and Focus S.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I loved the 900 until I learned the camera was terrible, it won't be updated and hold on in my hands.

I don't even know why I'm still looking up to them, maybe is because of their importance. I rather have more WP8 information.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I loved the 900 until I learned the camera was terrible, it won't be updated and hold on in my hands.
The latest firmware update worked wonders for the camera, at least for me. Low light pictures now look good. Maybe not great, but definitely good.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I want WP8 to succeed, I use a lot of Microsoft services. But man is like they want to fail on purpose, how come every piece of news is negative?. I used to be such a happy ****** at the beggining T_T.

On topic, Wireless charging sounds pretty cool. But I secretly hope it doesn't have that because I do sell chargers for a living LOL.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I do like the Lumia 820 a lot look wise. Hopefully the specifications will be similar to Lumia 920 that will no doubt have HD screen and that same Qualcomm platform with dual core 1.5Ghz krait cores.

Lumia 920 looks great as well but after N9, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 i want something different. That is if Lumia 920 doesn't do total killing on the specifications compared to 820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo