nokia 920 leak, with pureview technology

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't. There's no reason for a bezel that big, it made sense in the frankenstein of a phone that was the 800 but here? A phone made from the ground up, shouldn't look like this.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I like the bezel. It helps to show off the color.

Is that camera big enough to house a decent sized sensor though?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Could the bezel be so large because of PureView? Made the phone longer rather than thicker?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks nice to me anyway. 4.5 inch is my minimum screen size. I don't understand people who say it can't fit in their pockets, I carry a Titan II and a galaxy S3 in the same pants pocket every day with no issues. Normally in dress slacks, though I carry both in jeans too. I must have huge pants lol.

Like the slight curve, I missed that on the 900 a lot. 800 was way to small though I liked the design.

Also, I would kill for an orange color on the phone. Please make an orange version Nokia and I'll get one!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Could the bezel be so large because of PureView? Made the phone longer rather than thicker?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

That would be clever but, why would the sensor be the camera sensor spread through the phone?

If this phone doesn't get the real Pureview, Nokia can forget about me. They already made a mockery of the Carls Zeiss name with the 900.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That would be clever but, why would the sensor be the camera sensor spread through the phone?

If this phone doesn't get the real Pureview, Nokia can forget about me. They already made a mockery of the Carls Zeiss name with the 900.

You mean it needs the 41mp sensor?

I don't think that's going to happen for at least another year. They're trying to shrink that puppy down.

Or do you mean the Pureview technology itself?

If so, then you could get pretty decent over sampling out if a 21mp sensor. It will be the 2nd best camera on the market. With the best being its mother, the original Pureview.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't want a watered version of an original. The other companies are doing that, Nokia is supposed to had Windows Phone as priority.

We shouldn't settle for second best for God's sake.

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but if this is Nokia's best (a rehash of the previous models) they are done. I really don't get it. Your Lumia sales didn't do amazing, so you stick with the same looking phone and hope people change their minds? Really? That phone still looks thick and that bezel is RIDICULOUS!
I am one of the swing voters. I made up my mind to get a WP8 device. I naturally thought Nokia should be a good choice, and have been waiting anxiously. This thing is not very nice to say the least. And what's with all the cartoon looks and color. I want something I could pull out in a boardroom meeting without looking like a teenager. So now I wait for HTC, and if they underwhelm, the very professional looking Ativ S is getting my money. Yes, nobody can deny the Ativ S looks so much more professional than these Nokias. Brushed Aluminum? You better believe it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Ativ S looks amazing. It's like the gorgeous GS3 but even better looking, but these Nokia devices are getting stale.

I like color but where's the different form factors? I felt in loved with that pureview mock up of old but is like Nokia forgot their balls. 4.5 screen, thick as ****? Yet they had the audacity to make fun of Samsung.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't want a watered version of an original. The other companies are doing that, Nokia is supposed to had Windows Phone as priority.

We shouldn't settle for second best for God's sake.

They need a mass market device, not a niche one. You can't put the PureView Pro in a form factor that the general public would actually consider. Nokia should have new devices every few months, I wouldn't be surprised to see more niche products show up in 2013 once they have their bases covered.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
If the screen of the 920 is about 4.5", then add that to the size of the bezel and you have a fairly large phone. Phones like the Titan and Ativ have large screens, but smaller bezels so the footprint isn't so big.

Also, I think the Ativ is a better looking phone that this one from the pictures but I would have to see them both in my hand before making a decision. The only thing drawing me to this phone is the pureview.

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yet they had the audacity to make fun of Samsung.

Yes, when I saw them taking a shot at Samsung, I got so hyped. I was thinking, WOW!, Nokia is gonna bring it! But No they didn't, if this is it, they brought nothing special. But I do hope enough people like it so they don't actually go out of business. I want Windows Phone to grow so it gets to the competitive level it needs to be.
But these new flagship Nokia are really disappointing. They look very plastic and cheap with all their gumball colors. The thing with design is, the simple classic looking ones have the longest life. The Ativa S has that design theme. Simple elegance with quality materials. So as I said, if HTC doesn't have anything amazing I'm going with the Ativ S. The phone is simply gorgeous.
Note: I've held a Galaxy S3 and the phone is so light, thin, and extremely ergonomic. One the most comfortable phones ever. Seriously my iPhone 4S really feels old at this point. I'm done with small heavy devices. I'll admit I was a big Apple ******, but my options and my eyes are now open.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077