Rumored successor to the Lumia 610. Will run 7.8

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
"Glory"

Exclusive: Nokia planning 4-inch 'Glory' Lumia 610 successor with Windows Phone 7.8 | The Verge

As Nokia plans to unveil two additions to Lumia Windows Phone line on Wednesday, we have learned of another device that the company is currently testing. According to sources familiar with Nokia's Windows Phones, the Finnish manufacturer is preparing a handset codenamed "Glory" that will include a 4-inch display.

The handset is designed as a successor to the low-end Lumia 610 "Tango" Windows Phone and will include Windows Phone 7.8 and low specifications such as a 800mhz processor and the typical 256MB of RAM found in super low-end Windows Phones. We understand that the handset could launch as early as the holiday season ? but that the availability date has not been fully determined. We don't expect Nokia to unveil the Glory at its special Windows Phone event next week, where the company will unveil the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 handsets.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought this would happen.

WP7.x still has potential for low-end devices in emerging markets. That demographic is very important.

This is good news if true. It guarantees that there will be active development for 7.x apps.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to say. The 610 already didn't seem to have any place, but if it's super cheap like 150 or less it would be hard not to recommend.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to say. The 610 already didn't seem to have any place, but if it's super cheap like 150 or less it would be hard not to recommend.

There was just a report that Lumia 610 was selling something like 3 times more than Lumia 800 in China. If somebody can find the news please post it here.

I think there's certainly market for the phone. Lumia 610 had great looks and still the WP UI speed, even if the software support is lacking at points.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Even if it doesn't get much app development, I'd still recommend this to technophobes who need something very basic and inexpensive. I can see this having a place on the Boost Mobiles and Metro PCS type of carriers too.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The 6xx series will really shine in countries like India and the Philippines, where incomes are low, but tech interest is high.

There aren't any competing devices that have as many smartphone features while still maintaining speed in that price range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs