ok.. So who is fed up of the PAID nokia knocking?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh brother.

How come every time a fan of a product sees something other than endless adulation of his preferred product, he imagines complex conspiracy theories?

I've been accused of being paid by Google, Microsoft, and now Nokia competitors, simply for pointing out serious flaws with products or strategies.

If you don't like the criticism, you can ignore it. But give the "paid poster" conspiracy theories a rest.

PS -- Ever consider that the source of our fury MIGHT be the "overpromise, underdeliver" problem Nokia has?

To claim that you're going to deliver a product better than the ATIV S, and "dine on Jellybeans," and then present fake videos of features that aren't yet working, along with prototype phones with no pricing or release date, tends to tick WP people invested in the ecosystem off.

If you have nothing to show (and Nokia had nothing to show, face it), then don't make promises you can't keep.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I'm so sick of that sh*t that I created this post a few hours ago on iMore:

It's sad but it seems that nowdays iMore will just do anything to pass the image that Apple invents and introduces everything to this industry and all the other brands are just followers, even when there is evidence to the contrary!

I was perplexed when I read this iMore article in the other day.

It is said:

Once news got out that Apple would be holding an iPhone event on September 12, every competitor and their platform partner scrambled to announce events ahead of time. Mostly. The first was Nokia's Windows Phone event this morning, which showed off the new flagship Nokia Lumia 920 with a brief nod to the mode budget-friendly Nokia Lumia 820.

Let me ask this: REALLY???

Nokia announced that Nokia World 2012 would take place on September 5th back in May!!!

Evidence here. This article was written on May 23rd... when Nokia announced that they were going to move Nokia World 2012 from September 25th to September 5th. Way before any Apple iPhone5 event announcement or invitation (official or rumours).

You can read:

Nokia has announced that they are moving their annual Nokia World conference a bit earlier, from the 25th September to the 5th and 6th September.

Now, I sent this information to the author of the mentioned iMore article asking for an apology.

Why do I think that a public apology is needed? Because many many people come to iMore everyday. Its articles are read by thousands of people and are taken as true. Even when they aren't! And then these people go spread this kind of misinformation around to his frinds, families, colleagues, etc, and those will also take it as true! Is this fair?

Is this one of the reasons why Apple has such good press, while other brands are being trashed everyday, everywhere? Is this how Apple wants to be number one?

Do you know what did I receive as an answer when I asked the author for a public apology? NOTHING! I'm still waiting for it. Because when people make mistakes they appologize for them.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
We should stop whining about Apple.

Sure, their products are often nothing special.

But they deliver them. Every time. On time.

Where are our shiny new WP8 handsets? Nowhere to be found. We don't even have an official ship date.

Sadly, Apple will have an official ship date a week after the "big Nokia event" that was supposed to scoop them... and we STILL won't.

We need to stop pretending WP8 is in the race. Until product is shipped, it's not an option for ANYONE.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
We need to stop pretending WP8 is in the race. Until product is shipped, it's not an option for ANYONE.

Of course it is an option! If it wasn't an option we wouldn't be waiting for it and would start looking for an iphone, android, bb or whatever...

Maybe it's not an option for the masses (that only know about the products they see in stores), but god, we are people too :p

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Look at the stock price, quarterly financials, debt ratings, and analyst projections for Nokia.

Do they look like the projections made for a confident company successfully executing a turnaround strategy with solid, profitable and well-delivered new product?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is like Microsoft isn't even trying.

Look at the Windows 8 development, they have being working hard, the hardware partners are everywhere, consistent betas, lots of cheap options, option to downgrade, top of the line beautiful devices that represent the best of the companies, Microsoft itself getting in to hardware.

But windows phone 8, less partners than ever before, hand me downs copies from most partners, barely any info on it, no one gets to update to it.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone is claiming Wp8 is in the race; WP is in the race.

Oh c'mon.

When someone asks you "what phone should I buy," and tells you he's considering Apple's new iPhone, a Galaxy S III, or an HTC One X/S, you're going to say "you should buy a WP7 device that will never run WP8 today, and then wait and buy another WP8 phone a few months from now?"

Let's face it. Windows Phone 8, right now, is even less tangible than BlackBerry 10 (RIM has, after all, given demos of the UI and how to navigate the OS, something we have yet to see for WP8). Windows Phone 7 is an orphaned OS like Symbian or BlackBerry 7, without a real future.

The fact that WP8 still isn't shipping makes me wonder if it would have been smarter for MS to simply upgrade the CE kernel to support multiple cores and keep pushing a variant of WP7, so there'd be fresh, competitive phones for Q3.

What they did, instead, is publicly shoot WP7 in the head at BUILD in July, and then allow the market to languish for close to half a year with no current product (if the November launch dates are to be believed) and not even a timeline for when new devices come out.

And this languishing was timed to happen when competing ecosystems would be launching their newest, hottest products and scooping up large gobs of new users and marketshare, ensuring only tiny crumbs were left when WP8 handsets finally come to market.

Take a look at new Marketplace submissions. It's no coincidence that they've slowed so dramatically.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh brother.

How come every time a fan of a product sees something other than endless adulation of his preferred product, he imagines complex conspiracy theories?

I've been accused of being paid by Google, Microsoft, and now Nokia competitors, simply for pointing out serious flaws with products or strategies.

If you don't like the criticism, you can ignore it. But give the "paid poster" conspiracy theories a rest.

PS -- Ever consider that the source of our fury MIGHT be the "overpromise, underdeliver" problem Nokia has?

To claim that you're going to deliver a product better than the ATIV S, and "dine on Jellybeans," and then present fake videos of features that aren't yet working, along with prototype phones with no pricing or release date, tends to tick WP people invested in the ecosystem off.

If you have nothing to show (and Nokia had nothing to show, face it), then don't make promises you can't keep.

Considering neither product has been released, there has been no "deliver" from any of the OEMs.

So basically, you're hoping to taint people's views before delivery.

Whatever your reasoning for doing so doesn't really matter. It's just funny when you seem upset that people would jump to negative conclusions about you based on you jumping to negative conclusions about a company based on an unreleased product.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Considering neither product has been released, there has been no "deliver" from any of the OEMs.

So basically, you're hoping to taint people's views before delivery.

Whatever your reasoning for doing so doesn't really matter. It's just funny when you seem upset that people would jump to negative conclusions about you based on you jumping to negative conclusions about a company based on an unreleased product.

I was going write a response, but as I clicked "Quote" it occurred to me that he wouldn't bother listening, let alone understanding, so I've opted to make him the first on my "Ignore" list instead.

I can respond to criticism and intelligently debate the merits of an OEM or feature request all day, but for anyone whose majority of post history is platform bashing all I can do is choose to disengage.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at new Marketplace submissions. It's no coincidence that they've slowed so dramatically.

You obviously hate Windows Phone. You seem utterly confident it will die, so why are you posting so obsessively about it? Do you just want to rub it in every day on this forum? I hope you get banned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb