Sprints Lack of WP .... what are you going to do?

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
First off, Mods, feel free to move this topic. Have no idea where it should go. Technically, i am talking about future phones that may or may not happen.

Anyway ... Are you going to wait to see if they support it next year -- which they might get one, maybe the HTC one. Or are you jumping ship?

I sm going to ATT for the Nokia 920. If it comes to Verizon, then I'll get it there instead (they actually 4G in my areas). And when they ask why ... I'm trellng them because they aren't supporting WP8. Specifically, the Nokia 920.

So who is with me? Anyone?

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I would get an android or iphone if I were on sprint. That unlimited data is just too much to give up for a phone when there are options that do the same thing.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
When I lived in the US (now in NZ). I always recommend people to move away from Sprint. because I kept getting told that Sprint's network is slow and it has limited options for what phone you want or you get that specific phone months later. when it was released on the competing carrier

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is the slowest of the main 4 US carriers by far. If I was a feature phone user, I'd consider then. But I can't imagine being stuck with them as a smartphone user.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i would do exactly as i am about to do... ditch the carriers altogether. i am switching to straight talk for $45 a month and unlimited everything. bring any gsm phone you want... i am tired of being locked on contracts and depending on my carrier to support the phones i want, especially with updates... no more verizon...:lol:

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile's new unlimited plan has removed Sprint's last competitive differentiator (other than rural coverage versus T-Mo). If you want fast unlimited everything, T-Mo's Value plan is faster AND cheaper than anything Sprint can sell you.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile's new unlimited plan has removed Sprint's last competitive differentiator (other than rural coverage versus T-Mo). If you want fast unlimited everything, T-Mo's Value plan is faster AND cheaper than anything Sprint can sell you.

Yep. I ditched Sprint for T-Mobile at the beginning of 2012. I haven't regretted it one time.

Arcticwolf

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
After much debate, I dumped Sprint yesterday and bought a Lumia 900. On a month to month plan so I can always go to the carrier that has the phone I want. I told Sprint why and they only seemed interested in selling me iPhones and Androids. Not interested.

Descanso

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
After 9 years, and thousands of dollars, I will be bidding adieu to Sprint once the new 920 becomes available. I’m absolutely bored with the IOS/Android lineup Sprint insists upon me. I still use my Palm Pre. Once I saw the wireless charging on the 920 my decision was finalized. I’ve never used a Nokia before, I’ll give it a shot.

Regarding the valid concerns about unlimited data, I do have a question; In our wifi world, where about 90% of my time I have access to a wifi network, how Important is unlimited data via cell network anyways?

Regards

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
After 9 years, and thousands of dollars, I will be bidding adieu to Sprint once the new 920 becomes available. I?m absolutely bored with the IOS/Android lineup Sprint insists upon me. I still use my Palm Pre. Once I saw the wireless charging on the 920 my decision was finalized. I?ve never used a Nokia before, I?ll give it a shot.

Regarding the valid concerns about unlimited data, I do have a question; In our wifi world, where about 90% of my time I have access to a wifi network, how Important is unlimited data via cell network anyways?

Regards

I guess that depends on location. I have little access to WiFi throughout my day so I need unlimited.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
After much debate, I dumped Sprint yesterday and bought a Lumia 900. On a month to month plan so I can always go to the carrier that has the phone I want. I told Sprint why and they only seemed interested in selling me iPhones and Androids. Not interested.

How much did u pay for a Lumia 900?

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
im a young guy stuck on my dads plan because i cant afford to pay my own cell bill YET but, i will be desperately trying to get my father to switch carriers lol if that fails... i just i'll have to wait...

-__-

and ive always hated sprint and there crappy phone line up and slow connection...

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile is doing a Unlimited data thing similar to Sprint. So no point to stick to Sprint now

It cost more than Sprint! So not really a solution unless you don't mind paying more.

i would do exactly as i am about to do... ditch the carriers altogether. i am switching to straight talk for $45 a month and unlimited everything. bring any gsm phone you want... i am tired of being locked on contracts and depending on my carrier to support the phones i want, especially with updates... no more verizon

You cannot tether with straight talk so that's a strike against them.

Last edited:

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I wrote an email to them expressing my displeasure. I am closing my account when 920 comes out. I'm still holding out some hope for sprint BUT its 920 or bust

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills