Three sizes of HTC WPs coming?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I like this idea, if it's accurate AND if the range will be available on every carrier.

The claim is that there will be an 8X (with a 4.7 inch screen, a WP8 version of the One X), am 8S (which would essentially be the "Accord," though I'm skeptical of the renderings that have been all over, and an 8V (a 4-inch low-end handset, possibly with the "HTC chin").

A range of pricing options with a premium look-and-feel (e.g. no da-glo plastic) and build quality similar to the One X should be pretty tasty.

HTC has seen strong sales in prepaid (and in foreign markets) with the V-series Androids... it would be awesome to see them deliver a big chunk of the prepaid market stateside to WP using the same model with an 8V.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I like this idea, if it's accurate AND if the range will be available on every carrier.

The claim is that there will be an 8X (with a 4.7 inch screen, a WP8 version of the One X), am 8S (which would essentially be the "Accord," though I'm skeptical of the renderings that have been all over, and an 8V (a 4-inch low-end handset, possibly with the "HTC chin").

A range of pricing options with a premium look-and-feel (e.g. no da-glo plastic) and build quality similar to the One X should be pretty tasty.

HTC has seen strong sales in prepaid (and in foreign markets) with the V-series Androids... it would be awesome to see them deliver a big chunk of the prepaid market stateside to WP using the same model with an 8V.
Which carriers are they available on? And how much? When is the release date?

Until then it's vaporware.

You can't trust HTC. I know a guy who got a new X and when he went to charge it for the first time, it simultaneously caught fire and was responsible for the death of 17 kittens. The premium feel you speak of is due to the fact the cases are made of depleted uranium and are toxic to the touch. Every single person I know of who has purchased an HTC product is either blind by the exploding glass of the display (HTC uses something called "Guerrilla Glass" - an actual weapon and not to be confused with "gorilla glass") or have been rendered impotent. It's sad actually.*

*Please note: the above is utter and unequivocal nonsense and holds no shred of truth whatsoever. I don't hate HTC at all. I merely wished to get my bashing out of the way in one over-the-top mega nuts post.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see HTC doing that. I use the HTC Arrive for a while now and pretty much love it. Of course: all the nokia exclusive Apps are kind of annoying, but all in all i like the idea of wp being pushed by Nokia so much (although Nokia does not have other chances than going all in on this one) and am sure that, in a way, all these apps will come on the other phones some day.

But more Topic related:

I would love it to have 3 phones from HTC on the WP-Market. In That way we would have 5 in total (1 Samsung, 2 Nokia and 3 HTC) and we all know that right now there can't be enough WP phones. Especially the 8V would be some awesome device for "starters"

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
why oh why are the nokia apps pulling me in so much?
I just don't feel able to consider another phone as I have convinced myself that I will be shortchanged somehow.
Im not 100% happy with the 920, size, weight, no SD, but the app integration just keeps calling at me and I know I will be unable to resist which is a shame.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I doubt HTCs offer will be limited to one device. They've been dedicated enough on earlier releases, and I think offering two new devices with Mango was pretty decent. Internationally Samsung only offered the Omnia W, and the rest of the market was pretty much full of tumbleweeds while waiting to see what Nokia would do.

They're pretty good at actually getting the finished product to the store shelves as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if HTC phones are the first to be available after WP8 is officially released. At least on the international market, that is.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
And not one of those HTC devices, nor any of the Nokia/Samsung devices, are tempting to me. I just want a successor to the Lumia 710!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Of course: all the nokia exclusive Apps are kind of annoying, but all in all i like the idea of wp being pushed by Nokia so much (although Nokia does not have other chances than going all in on this one) and am sure that, in a way, all these apps will come on the other phones some day.

The third party apps have a limited exclusivity period, and if the sales mix for WP8 is as mixed as I expect it to be, "exclusive" apps will become less appealing for developers.

HTC is handling things rather well, so far. I'd expect they'll be able to show more product, the cameras will actually be complete (and work), and they may even be able to give a launch date. The press will be about the product, not about questionably ethical ads or features that "will work real soon now!" ;)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You can't trust HTC. I know a guy who got a new X and when he went to charge it for the first time, it simultaneously caught fire and was responsible for the death of 17 kittens. The premium feel you speak of is due to the fact the cases are made of depleted uranium and are toxic to the touch. Every single person I know of who has purchased an HTC product is either blind by the exploding glass of the display (HTC uses something called "Guerrilla Glass" - an actual weapon and not to be confused with "gorilla glass") or have been rendered impotent. It's sad actually.*

*Please note: the above is utter and unequivocal nonsense and holds no shred of truth whatsoever. I don't hate HTC at all. I merely wished to get my bashing out of the way in one over-the-top mega nuts post.

There's bashing, and then there's bashing in style! I nearly fell off my chair laughing at that!

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My last two devices have been HTC on Verizon. The Imagio was a great phone, though I had to get quite a few replacements. I'm still on my first Trophy, but it almost has the exact same specifications as the much older Imagio. If HTC could line up durability and innovation, I would be the first one in line. However, I'm losing faith in them and will probably go with the 822 on Verizon (while begrudging all of you with 920s).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My last two devices have been HTC on Verizon. The Imagio was a great phone, though I had to get quite a few replacements. I'm still on my first Trophy, but it almost has the exact same specifications as the much older Imagio. If HTC could line up durability and innovation, I would be the first one in line. However, I'm losing faith in them and will probably go with the 822 on Verizon (while begrudging all of you with 920s).

After my Trophy I'm a bit reserved about HTC windows phones. I do have an HTC Rezound that's pretty solid. I'm not even the least bit interested in the 822 though. I want a high end phone, no ifs ands or buts.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
successor to 710 will come in early 2013 i think you have read the rumors about Lumia Zeal 4.3'' and Flame 4.0''

I have read about those two. Sadly, their internals are dumbed down pretty badly. Low RAM, underclocked CPU, etc. Definitely not a successor to the Lumia 710, which had the same internals (RAM, CPU, graphics) as its bigger brothers.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The last I heard, HTC was having some issues playing nicely with WP8 - is this the case? Have they been resolved yet? We need to have all the players ready to rock n roll come launch day.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'm half-right and half-wrong about the HTC 8X. According to this link from HTCSource, the 8X "takes great pictures." (Yay!)

But it has no Micro-SD. BOOOOOO

Then again, if it's the high-end option on T-Mobile (with the 920 not going to T-Mo), it will probably be the best choice on the #4 carrier, regardless.

Exclusive: new HTC One X+ and HTC Accord details revealed | HTC Source ? All the HTC news you'll ever need

Well the One X doesn't have a microSD slot IIRC. Probably for the same reason the Lumia 920 doesn't either--they're made of one piece of polycarbonate. You can't open them to reveal a microSD slot, it'd either have to be built into the outside (with some kind of rubber/plastic cover that might be lost or eventually come off) or they'd have to make it like a SIM tray, but that implementation would probably take up a lot of space, and you'd need a SIM card eject tool every time you want to remove the microSD card.

Verizon's high end launch device is a HTC.

So there's the Nokia, there's the HTC, is there a Samsung coming to VZ? I'm just curious, I don't have VZ haha.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'm half-right and half-wrong about the HTC 8X. According to this link from HTCSource, the 8X "takes great pictures." (Yay!)
I'm rooting for HTC, but I'm not betting on "HTC Source" being an accurate source for that kind of information, just going by its namesake. HTC talked up its One series cameras a tonne too, but they fell short of the GS3 and iPhone 4S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)