Tough Hill To Climb for WP8 OEM

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what to say :straight:

I mean this is the work WP8/OEM and MS have to find hard against. It wont be easy and calling them names won't change anything. Dismissing them as being stupid won't solve the problem...

Jimmy Kimmel showed the iPhone 4S to random people on the street, passing it off as the iPhone 5...

Seriously, just throw in the flag. who can compete against this!!! :)
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rdIWKytq_q4[/YT]

Forget spec wars and fancy new HW features...just somehow, someway get more people like this who will be excited about the Brand New Nokia 710 or Samsung Focus or even...HTC Surround

Enjoy :)

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know what to say about this. It just shows how truly it is just the name that people go to. It is APPLE it is the best.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't buy the iPhone 5. The production of it requires huge amounts of dihydrogen monoxide, which is also used in nuclear reactors, illicit drug manufacture and the cultivation of GMO crops...

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I mean. I don't even know what to say. Like seriously I really don't. They have the same phone in the other hand and they can't even tell its the same which is absolutely horrifying. Heck why does Apple even improve their phones no one even can tell if the screens are the same size.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd remind everyone that a mere 10 years ago, Microsoft was the brand that was "best," and Apple was a weirdo brand for creatives who want to show how "different" they are. These situations are not insurmountable. Google's success with Android, despite Android's many failings, illustrates this well.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't buy the iPhone 5. The production of it requires huge amounts of dihydrogen monoxide, which is also used in nuclear reactors, illicit drug manufacture and the cultivation of GMO crops...

Yeah, I know what you mean about that Dihydrogen Monoxide. But I think I will be ok. I usually have some around everyday. lol.;)

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd remind everyone that a mere 10 years ago, Microsoft was the brand that was "best," and Apple was a weirdo brand for creatives who want to show how "different" they are. These situations are not insurmountable. Google's success with Android, despite Android's many failings, illustrates this well.

I agree! WP8 fans can be called wp8Sheep in a few years if MS spends a lil more on marketing + using different ad agency + persistence.

"Pound the message into users head."

"Hey...what u thing about the new Lumia 955 (shows users 920)" #DreamBig

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Apple is still basically a niche brand. I have not worked in an office yet that had more apple than windows computers and I am in design.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd remind everyone that a mere 10 years ago, Microsoft was the brand that was "best," and Apple was a weirdo brand for creatives who want to show how "different" they are.
Microsoft was never cool, no one ever went crazy for a Windows launch (okay, maybe not no one, but comparatively speaking).

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft was never cool, no one ever went crazy for a Windows launch (okay, maybe not no one, but comparatively speaking).

When Windows 95 lauched people were lining up to get the product...it was crazy!! We were proud to wear a Windows 95 t-shirts (...well...at least I was ) Bumper stickers and etc were put on my book covers for school and etc. Of course MS's salesman took all of that fan love and produced crappy products afterwords which soured the love fest

and-remember-the-humongous-launch-lines.jpg

Windows%2B95%2BUpgrade%2521.jpg

500004166-03-01

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thats insane and awesome. Computers dont draw that sort of crowds anymore. Dude in the hat with 2 boxes of 95 looks just like the typical apple fan walking out of an apple store on launch day.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
When Windows 95 lauched people were lining up to get the product...it was crazy!! We were proud to wear a Windows 95 t-shirts (...well...at least I was ) Bumper stickers and etc were put on my book covers for school and etc. Of course MS's salesman took all of that fan love and produced crappy products afterwords which soured the love fest
As I recall, several Anti Trust infractions followed shortly thereafter, which stymied Microsoft's creativity. Glad that's done with. The sleeping giant has woken. Look out.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I remember those days. All the Apple magazines complained about Zombie Stupid Sheep buying Microsoft and how whacked it was to stand in line for a tech product. Oh, the irony. :)

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
A good marketing campaign can do wonders, especially one that is aggressive.

One major problem with Windows Phone is that still pictures don't do it justice. So shots of a WP8 device with Live Tiles displaying info versus Android and iOS devices just stoically doing nothing speaks volumes. Put that on web and TV ads. Call that ad "It's Alive" with a simple voiceover: "Windows Phone 8 lets you see what's going on without having to even open an app" - and it works for Windows 8 PCs and tabs too. And at the end simply have a voice that says: "Icons are sooo last century".

Then focus on individual expression with the Start screen in a different ad - showing variations compared to android and iPhones with just icons grids: "Windows Phone 8 lets you express yourself. What's most important to you? Each Start screen is an expression of the person who owns it. You're more than just a grid of icons." Call that one "It's You".

The key is simply touting important parts of the interface and user experience while putting down the other guys for being stuck in a rut and failing to innovate.

Make yourself hip and make them uncool. The iPhone is ripe for mockery and once it loses its chic edge, the sales will stumble. Give people something exciting and let them know it frees them to let the device do what they wish for it to do, not the other way around.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
This would be a great marketing campaign. You should seriously send it to MS. They can never have to many good ideas.

A good marketing campaign can do wonders, especially one that is aggressive.

One major problem with Windows Phone is that still pictures don't do it justice. So shots of a WP8 device with Live Tiles displaying info versus Android and iOS devices just stoically doing nothing speaks volumes. Put that on web and TV ads. Call that ad "It's Alive" with a simple voiceover: "Windows Phone 8 lets you see what's going on without having to even open an app" - and it works for Windows 8 PCs and tabs too. And at the end simply have a voice that says: "Icons are sooo last century".

Then focus on individual expression with the Start screen in a different ad - showing variations compared to android and iPhones with just icons grids: "Windows Phone 8 lets you express yourself. What's most important to you? Each Start screen is an expression of the person who owns it. You're more than just a grid of icons." Call that one "It's You".

The key is simply touting important parts of the interface and user experience while putting down the other guys for being stuck in a rut and failing to innovate.

Make yourself hip and make them uncool. The iPhone is ripe for mockery and once it loses its chic edge, the sales will stumble. Give people something exciting and let them know it frees them to let the device do what they wish for it to do, not the other way around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire