Who else is holding out for a WP8 device with physical buttons - and will we see one?

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the LG Optimus 7, and am extremely happy with it as a device. It has superhuman strenghth - past Nokia levels, the screen shows whites brilliantly, but most of all I love the physical buttons.

I don't need a flagship, I just need an option. Even if it has pretty poor physical buttons like the Lumia 710, I'd take it. I can wait a few months, after all Windows 8 and a new hybrid will be taking a lot out of my budget - but does anyone make smartphones with physical buttons anymore?

And if they do, will we see them running Windows Phone 8?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
If Nokia ever decides to bring the 808 design to WP, the existing device already has a 3-button rocker identical in size and shape to the 710, albeit with different functions, so it wouldn't be a stretch.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of physical buttons as they are just another mechanical part that can fail. I like the capacitive buttons that are currently used and even prefer onscreen buttons over physical ones.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Since having just the touchscreen I can't even use physical buttons anymore. When I use my wife's phone it is awkward.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The upcoming HTC phones will have physical buttons... a physical power on/off button, a physical volume rocker, and a physical camera button. :D

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Since having just the touchscreen I can't even use physical buttons anymore. When I use my wife's phone it is awkward.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

It's like using a hardware keyboard. When typing on a phone with a hardware keyboard (being used a touchscreen) my thumbs feel weak.

flower_petals

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to a Samsung ativ s from my old trusty Optimus 7. It's a beauty of a phone, but it does bother me that the physical buttons are not there, except for home. I keep hitting the back arrow. You don't even have to touch it and it goes back. Drives me crazy. Also, not sure if it just me, but I feel like I could type better with the optimum 7 keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros