Any chance for a note 2 wp8

Smidgerine

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently loving my Note 1, and I am toying with trading up to a note 2. I don't use my phone as a phone too much, so I love the big screen size. It's a mini tablet for me. But, I really would love to go to windows phone because I use outlook/office so much, it would be a nice benefit. I would also like the stylus because I'm a onenote junkie.

Anybody heard anything about this as a possibility?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
My guess is that Windows Phone 8 will never support a pen, and if you want that you'll need Windows RT. There's just too good of a framework for the pen already included on Windows RT to be trying to rig that into Windows Phone 8.

However, seeing as we haven't even seen any full-size tablets running Windows RT that use a pen, who knows if that'll even happen anytime soon. (I suspect manufacturers are taking a wait and see approach and also attempting to keep cost down, with that.)

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that Windows Phone 8 will never support a pen, and if you want that you'll need Windows RT. There's just too good of a framework for the pen already included on Windows RT to be trying to rig that into Windows Phone 8.

However, seeing as we haven't even seen any full-size tablets running Windows RT that use a pen, who knows if that'll even happen anytime soon. (I suspect manufacturers are taking a wait and see approach and also attempting to keep cost down, with that.)

It appears that the super sensitive touchscreen on the new Nokia Lumia 920 would do just fine with a stylus if one wanted to use one with it. They are showing it being controlled with a fork even. I could see, if WP8 really takes off in popularity, that there might be a manufacturer willing to take the risk of offering a phablet sized WP8 device. We'll just have to see how well WP8 does in the marketplace.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I would say the WinRT is a better fit except for the fact I think MS has a minimum required screen size for WinRT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel