WP8 and Canada. Not a love story?

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to see an announcement with the word "Canada" in it, but it seems like we are stuck with Android phones and the iPhone 5...

I thought Rogers would get the Lumia 920, but nothing yet...

I asked Bell mobility, Telus, Rogers and even Videotron
the only answers I had was, "well you either can get the Samsung Galaxy S3 or wait for the upcoming Android devices"...
and there was that guy from rogers who met a Microsoft representative and said that he gave informations about the Lumia 900 and WP7.8 but nothing about a phone that could be coming this Fall...

Anything you might know that I don't?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Rogers is a sibling company to AT&T so whatever AT&T gets rogers will. Bell mobility said they will be picking up 2 WP8 OEM's and telus also confirmed WP8 as well.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
They should tell their employees because none of them told me that there was a WP8 device on it's way... Some of them told me that they have never heard of WP8...

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
They should tell their employees because none of them told me that there was a WP8 device on it's way... Some of them told me that they have never heard of WP8...

thats why you never speak to store reps.... they usually know the week before.

I worked for rogers tech support and customer care and ya know when we found out about the lumia 900? the same time it was posted on the net lol

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
thats why you never speak to store reps.... they usually know the week before.

I worked for rogers tech support and customer care and ya know when we found out about the lumia 900? the same time it was posted on the net lol
But I find it weird that a Microsoft employee would talk about WP7.8 with Rogers and nothing about upcoming devices...

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
But I find it weird that a Microsoft employee would talk about WP7.8 with Rogers and nothing about upcoming devices...

Not really. Microsoft is made of a lot of teams. A guy working on 7.8 could have nothing to do with 8. A totally different team. As 7.8 winds down, you could see some go to support 8 and a few stay behind for legacy support. Or they could move on to what will be WP9. They do it that way with the software OS, don't see it being much different from the phones.

aniym

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Bell and Rogers both confirmed the HTC 8X, and I've heard that Bell is also getting the 8S.
This article summarizes mostof the Canada related wp8 news:
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/06/rogers-to-release-the-samsung-ativ-s-in-november/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs