Now, a Nokia tablet?

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I wish this news is true but I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung's ATIV Tablet was one of the only W8 tablets available before Christmas

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
While I'd absolutely love a tablet from Nokia, it would have to directly copy the keyboard/cover of Surface for me to consider it, as that's the only reason why I ever considered getting a tablet (the Surface). They should just make them interchangeable.. I mean the Surface covers already sport Nokia colors :D

That said, too much of a rumor and too far off and most likely not Surface'ish enough to make me wait for it instead of getting the Surface.

Koltrane

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What will make a Nokia tablet better than the Surface? A better camera? Who takes pictures with their tablets?
Actually, I have used my iPad 3 to take many pictures. The camera is very good and i have several apps that let me edit or add filters to photos before sending or posting them. When I was in Europe this summer, my family would post iPad pics directly to FB to let family know how it was going. We still used the DSLR, but the iPad was a great second camera for the quick point and shoot needs. Bottom line is it's not ridiculous to use one's tablet for photos.

Koltrane

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No real news here

I would love a Nokia WinRT tablet, but all this article says is that Elop alluded to a possible tablet offering from Nokia this summer and has yet to deny it. Also, the pictures are fan illustrations.

Look at this link Nokia 10 Inch Windows 8 Tablet: Will It Prove To Be A Game Changer

It's basically the same story with the same photo (including the fan concept designation). The only difference is it was published in March.

Frankly, I'd rather Nokia/MS announce a WinRT device when they have actual products and sellers and dates. I am so pumped for the 920, but I'm sick of this "maybe November, maybe AT&T exclusive, maybe a Verizon model, maybe maybe maybe" crap.

Say what you will about Apple, but at least they tell you exactly what/when/where/how much and have product in the stores immediately after their hype-fests.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
4G tablets from Nokia with proper Antenna and drop testing can be something. A polycarbonate unibody tablet can add a premium feel. Nokia apps on a W8 tablet is a plus. Unify some accessories with MS, maybe the 41MP PureView camera as an add-on accessory?

I wouldn't count out Nokia.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3