Could leaked Nokia Lumia 922 be a real 41 megapixel Pureview monster?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Could leaked Nokia Lumia 922 be a real 41 megapixel Pureview monster? | WMPoweruser

The twitter account NokiaPureview has tweeted the intentionally blurred image to the left, which is claimed to be the Verizon Nokia Lumia 922, with obviously a very prominent and large camera sensor.

Insideris has connected the dots and has recalled the design on the right, leaked in April this year, from a Nokia presentation, showing a Pureview Windows Phone 8 handset with a 4.3 inch HD screen, 41 megapixel camera and 1080p video recording. (Read more about that handset here).

If the leak is real the resemblance to the other device is certainly very strong. Would our Verizon-using users prefer this very special handset over the more mainstream Nokia Lumia 920? Let us know below.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Fake, WP8 hardware is limited to 21Mpx. This could be the device coming next year though. I doubt the 920 is the top device to be shipped and Elop has repeatedly stated there will be more device above and below the two now announced.

I'd bet on a release around April 2013, 21Mpx PV cam, 4.5inch screen, 2GB RAM, 32 or 64GB storage and I would not be surprised to see a quadcore CPU at this point. We'll see what they announce at MWC2013.

Last edited:

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ya know, I really doubt it.

If it was true, it wouldn't even be close to a 920 variant. Besides, I thought that pureview phone was a Symbian device.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Purview was first used as a tech in Symbian, but never marketed as Nokia wants Purview to be associated with Lumia and successors. The name itself will sell like Omnia for Sammy.

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Fake, WP8 hardware is limited to 21Mpx. This could be the device coming next year though. I doubt the 920 is the top device to be shipped and Elop has repeatedly stated there will be more device above and below the two now announced.

I'd bet on a release around April 2013, 21Mpx PV cam, 4.5inch screen, 2GB RAM, 32 or 64GB storage and I would not be surprised to see a quadcore CPU at this point. We'll see what they announce at MWC2013.
Thank you for this! I completely forgot about the limitations and, for a second, I was thinking Verizon was going to get this monster. No offense to those whom like it, but I think this looks bad!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

While it is true that the S4 MS has chosen for WP8 is limited to 21 MP sensors, MS has also shown they are willing to let you put in a dedicated image processing chip, since HTC has been allowed to do that. The 808 Pureview uses a dedicated image processing chip, MS allows that, I see no reason the 808's chip couldn't make its way to WP.

That said, if they do release this on Verizon, as an AT&T subscriber, I will be seriously upset.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it's more likely to be the rumored "Phi" (21mp with oversampling) than an 808 style camera. Would be killer if it were true but I wouldn't hold my breath... I'm in Canada so it wouldn't affect me, but I feel VZW cystomers' pain due to Bell Mobility's lackluster history with WP, and I also know getting the Nokia flagship onto Big Red would be a huge boon to Both Nokia and WP. Plus then maybe I could get my father in law off the damn fruit phone... ;)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I sincerely doubt there will be a vastly improved camera launching within the next few months. If it is 808 PureView class image quality, the earliest you'd see it is CES / MWC, and I would expect it to have more widespread availability and a less incremental name.

The 808 Pureview uses a dedicated image processing chip, MS allows that, I see no reason the 808's chip couldn't make its way to WP.
Exactly. The 808's chipset doesn't support 41MP by itself.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The 808 was hideous and so was the N8. I honestly don't know what you would be expecting.

Not sure how you put the N8 and 808 on the same level as this:
image_thumb6.png

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Lumia 922 is a 41-megapixel monster. If you analyze the fake rendering provided as a "photo" of the device, note that it is indeed a 41-megapixel photograph!

Wpmeistef

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I am reading everywhere about the 922, although it really wont affect me, since i am in Denmark.
Must admit I can't see this monster comming. Not even by an extremely long shot.
Somhow i can't imagine, though the have exelent vodka in Finland, Nokia comming up with a device that is better, than what is released in there home market.
It's just not very smart bussines to release, anything but the best, where you have the biggest chance of making money, and convertinh users from Android and Ios.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon