Sprint getting a WP8 device?

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Stmav, high reviews are NEVER the determining factor for the success or failure of a device. That belong to something call SALES, which is something no Windows Phone device has had good numbers on for any carrier. And for those who say the Lumia 900 is the most succesful WP7 device, it is, but to have it on one carrier for about a year, and only sell 600,000 units out of probably 2 million units ordered is considered a major failure for AT&T, and it makes me wonder why Microsoft did not ask Nokia to have that same device offered to other carriers, and the same can be said for the 920, and all those WP7 devices which never saw CDMA variants.

So, are you guys going to keep blaming Sprint for the lack of CDMA variants for any devices released after the HTC trophy and the arrive, and why Samsung and Nokia were not allowed or should I say encouraged to offer CDMA variants? It comes down to sales figures, and not because of Sprint.

I wonder how many of you Sprint haters would react if Sprint actually announce several WP8 devices? I bet some of you would not like any of them, even if it was a high end device like the Nokia Lumia 920, or perhaps the rumored Surface device. Sprint could announce a dozen WP8 devices in 2013, and all of them would be hated, even the high end devices because "they are being offered on Sprint."

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many of you Sprint haters would react if Sprint actually announce several WP8 devices? I bet some of you would not like any of them, even if it was a high end device like the Nokia Lumia 920, or perhaps the rumored Surface device. Sprint could announce a dozen WP8 devices in 2013, and all of them would be hated, even the high end devices because "they are being offered on Sprint."

Good grief, dude, give it a rest. This is a Windows Phone forum. People would be pinching themselves if they even announced one WP8 phone. They would be falling all over themselves if Sprint announced a dozen.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
OK. How about if I mention the rootmetric results for the city I live in. Where Sprint is fully deployed and a major city. Yet in combined scores Sprint comes in 5th. Behind T-Mobile and metropcs. So how is it hating when they just aren't delivering in any aspect?

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
What city is that stmav?

And mlm1950, no, I will not give it a rest, nor anyone who is siding with me on how unfair members are being to CDMA carriers, especially with the ongoing bashing of Sprint just because they were the first one to state how bad sales figures were for ALL WP7 devices, regardless of carrier and devices, as well as the lack of interest from Microsoft when it comes to show direct support for those two CDMA devices and not giving a bit of Marketing support to Sprint, Verizon, and US Cellular which surely was given to AT&T and T-Mobile.

Is that something so obvious that you cannot understand because you just simply think CDMA should be dead, even though now CDMA now has the ability GSM had enjoyed for years by the means of talk and web at the same time? SVDO is a scary monster for GSM carriers.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Is it hating to point out the obvious which is Sprint has only had one phone the arrive which was and is basically an HTC tilt2 device with WP7 and while it had great customer satisfaction was treated by Sprint like the orphan stepchild and they are not yet on the WP8 bandwagon. IMHO the answer is no, its just the facts Jack!

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
What city is that stmav?

And mlm1950, no, I will not give it a rest, nor anyone who is siding with me on how unfair members are being to CDMA carriers, especially with the ongoing bashing of Sprint just because they were the first one to state how bad sales figures were for ALL WP7 devices, regardless of carrier and devices, as well as the lack of interest from Microsoft when it comes to show direct support for those two CDMA devices and not giving a bit of Marketing support to Sprint, Verizon, and US Cellular which surely was given to AT&T and T-Mobile.

Is that something so obvious that you cannot understand because you just simply think CDMA should be dead, even though now CDMA now has the ability GSM had enjoyed for years by the means of talk and web at the same time? SVDO is a scary monster for GSM carriers.

Nope. I am on Sprint and would like nothing more to have a WP8 phone. If you would take your Sprint blinders off, you would see that Verizon, a CDMA carrier, is carrying WP8 phones, and people on this forum who are Verizon subscribers, are ecstatic, though they are upset that AT&T has an exclusive on the Lumia 920, and won't be seeing that phone for a few months.

People here just want WP8 phones, be them GSM or CDMA, and whether they are on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or any of the other smaller carriers and MVNOs.

Any perceived disdain for Sprint is based solely on the fact that they have not announced any plans to carry any WP8 phones, and since Nokia, HTC, and Samsung are making CDMA versions of WP8 phones, the reason Sprint is not carrying any is their decision alone.

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
And then explain why members on this site have ONLY picked on Sprint, knowing other postpaid carriers and no prepaid carriers outside of T-Mobile have announced WP8 devices. Sounds to me more like nit-picking because some of these people are still hurt on the WebOS debacle which was not Sprint's fault, but is far easier to blame Sprint than blame the actual heart of the problem, in this case being Microsoft!

You can try to convince any of the Sprint supporters why Sprint is at fault that only three carriers in the US decided to carry WP8 devices at launch, and why almost the entire CDMA community are letting Microsoft know they will not be forced to carry undercoded and underencrypted CDMA devices as Verizon is offering (and they are not too happy to carry 256bit encrypted devices when all the devices they started carrying this year have 512bit encryption).

You can go on circles on this issue no WP fansite is willing to write an unbiased report on it, but sure have plenty of time to use half quotes to bash Sprint, and make JUVENILLE bashing reports with immature images about the Ting and Sprint article. I hope this site somedays decides to write a positive article involving Sprint when they announce WP8 devices, but I am afraid that's too much to ask knowing for a fact if they announce a dozen devices, they will be bashed even if they are high end devices because "those are carried by Sprint, and wpcentral hates Sprint ad much as we hate reports from phonescoop."

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Bring better arguments because all the recycled scripted excuses to bash Sprint only, knowing almost the entire CDMA carrier community feels the same way when it comes to Windows Phone (undercoded, underencrypted, and failure in sales whether the devices are on CDMA, or GSM). Facts don't lie.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
What city is that stmav?

The city is Dallas. Here is the link to the rootscore report from Sept. 2012

RootScore Report for Dallas September 2012 | RootMetrics

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Bring better arguments because all the recycled scripted excuses to bash Sprint only, knowing almost the entire CDMA carrier community feels the same way when it comes to Windows Phone (undercoded, underencrypted, and failure in sales whether the devices are on CDMA, or GSM). Facts don't lie.

WP8 phones have not yet been released for sale to the general public, so there are no sales figures.

The fact that Microsoft is attempting to unify their ecosystem across all devices should ultimately help future sales of Windows phones.

Only time will tell. Hopefully Sprint jumps on the bandwagon like everyone else.

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Well brmiller, what seems to be the main reason why Microsoft's Windows Phone devices are scarce on CDMA networks if it's not coding and encrypting to proper Qualcomm standards as of 2012? I have been asking for over a year, and it seems that the reasons are either mysterious or simply not worth reporting because by doing so would make the bashing of Sprint or any CDMA carrier not having any WP devices useless.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Well brmiller, what seems to be the main reason why Microsoft's Windows Phone devices are scarce on CDMA networks if it's not coding and encrypting to proper Qualcomm standards as of 2012?

Lousy support and promotion by CDMA carriers to date.

Right now, that appears to be changing with Verizon. With Sprint, their support of Windows Phone -- despite having a wonderful Qualcomm-certified Windows Phone device -- was ABYSMAL.

In addition, the CDMA carriers were the heaviest users of the Carrier IQ spyware, which Windows Phone did not allow. That no doubt slowed efforts by CDMA carriers to "monetize" private user data and correspondence by selling it to the highest bidder (right up until the CIQ thing was uncovered to great controversy).

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Sprint dropped Carrier IQ, and once again you mention Verizon and the three 256bit encryption devices. None of the three are making Verizon say, "they will sell like hotcakes even when not coded nor encrypted properly". And if you though the sales for the Arrive were atrocious for Sprint, the sales for the Trophy were even worse.

What other jibberish you want to say to justify a bashing on Sprint only, and not the rest of the CDMA carrier community. You can avoid the question for so long, although I know all the REAL reasons why.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
OK, you're totally right.

This is all a giant conspiracy by Microsoft and the OEMs to undermine Qualcomm wireless encryption. And it will never, ever end.

Now, go get that Android or iPhone on Sprint.

Bye!

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not putting any blame on the OEMs since they have to follow what Microsoft wants them to do with the devices they manufacture with Windows Phone as the OS...

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Brmiller, just stop being a hater! You know Nextel's iDen network is a GSM based network that cannot be upgraded in order to provide 3G data speeds, which is the secondary reason why Nextel is being decommissioned in the US (besides Sprint wanting to use the 800MHz spectrum.

And if you were bashing Blackberry, they still have at least 3-5 times the marketshare Windows Phone currently has, and that is not Sprint's fault (because you will have to blame all CDMA carriers in the US market)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry, they still have at least 3-5 times the marketshare Windows Phone currently has

Bashing?

Heavens no. I would never bash RIM.

In fact, that three to five times market share BlackBerry sounds like an excellent handset for conscientious CDMA users who demand only the highest-quality 512 bit encryption for their 1xRTT data plans. I cannot understand why anybody would want to bother with Windows Phones when one has the option of CDMA and BlackBerry with Qualcomm encryption technology! :D

Contrarians can always embrace the Palm Centro -- another cutting-edge CDMA device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb