03-03-2013 07:44 AM
- I would think if Verizon loved them so much, they would actually get one of the decent phones on their network. The new Samsung looks to be a complete waste. With the 822 now free on contract and the 8x cheap, what good is another mid range phone. We need a champion phone.01-07-2013 09:49 AM
- I would think if Verizon loved them so much, they would actually get one of the decent phones on their network. The new Samsung looks to be a complete waste. With the 822 now free on contract and the 8x cheap, what good is another mid range phone. We need a champion phone.
I would like to see a high end phone from Nokia but at this point only time will tell. I'm very happy with my 8X. It leaves nothing to be desired so I haven't been paying any attention. I do have a massive meeting the end of this month all about 2013's upcoming products and services, so hopefully I get some good info01-08-2013 04:39 PM
Myself, I am not satisfied with any of the choices currently. The 8X has too little storage, no microsd, problematic coating which can wear off and stain, and is missing gyro. The 822 is using a low res screen, limited color selection (I want CYAN!), no gyro, otherwise nice though. The Samsung is poor all around.
Thus, I will continue to use my 3G HTC Trophy until Verizon releases something on the level of the 920, or a cyan 822 with HD screen. The 2 year contracts are too long to settle for something less if you are an enthusiast.
Overall, though, the 822 is the best overall device Verizon offers currently IMO.01-08-2013 07:51 PM
- Verizon loves any device that gets a contract signed, the amount paid to the OEM is lower than the iPhone. I sold my GN2 and have a Nokia 822 due to arrive on Thursday that I got off of eBay NIB sealed. Looking forward to it, although now I have to deal with the gmail issue and redirecting my account since Microsoft is NOT allowing account renames so my Live account is my gmail account and I need it to be my Outlook.com account. Total cluster.01-08-2013 09:49 PM
Nokia Lumia 822 Specifications - Nokia - USA Expand the Software and Applications section, and it's right in the center of the screen. Yeah, I agree - how is a gyro "software and applications"?
Agree with your last statement.01-09-2013 02:35 PM
- The new hardware revision on the 8X is phenomenal. My work phone has the "soft" coating, where as my employee edition phone has a much more slick and hard coating. I much prefer the newer coating.
As for new phones, I'm fairly certain a blue 822 is in the pipeline. The clear hard shell case on VZWs website shows a baby blue 822 inside of it.01-10-2013 11:12 PM
Overall, the experience I had at my local Verizon store was disheartening. It's my opinion that Verizon will not lend much support to WP going forward, the Samsung Ativ may be the last WP we see at Verizon for a long time. My guess is that once the new BBs come out, any effort that Verizon would have given to sell WPs will be instead diverted to sell BBs.01-14-2013 09:43 AM
It was always like that. Go in for anything that wasn't a BB, get a hard sell to change your mind. To this day, I still hate VZW for their tactics that they used then. Among other reasons.01-14-2013 09:59 AM
- I would be shocked if Verizon abandoned WP at this point. They have made moves away from apple and have promoted wp8 more than just for show. There are very good rumored devices coming this spring and Stephen Elop has said he is excited about what they have planned with Verizon. The 822 and the 8X are two of the best customer reviewed phones on Verizon. I am cautiously optimistic about WP on Verizon.01-14-2013 04:49 PM
- There seems to be absolutely zero push from VZW store employees to sell WP8 devices.
Was at a local store yesterday, where the store rep refereed to "Live Tiles" as "CIRCLES" when a potential buyer asked about the data hogging nature (??) of WP8 devices. The buyers friend (also present...with an 8X) had run out of his allotted data for the month and dint know what caused it. The VZW rep had no clue where background tasks shows up on the menu....and simply said...he dint know how to check. I had to chime in and show him. I even told him about the Data Sense "EXCLUSIVE to VZW" feature....anyway, the potential customer said no thanks and bought some LG android device instead.
With ATT extending the free wireless charger till the 21st of Feb as well as offering buy one get one free on Windows Phone 8 devices....makes me wonder if this is a push to sell devices before some announcements at MWC which starts on 25th of Feb. Hopefully VZW gets a flagship Nokia device. Or I will just have to stick it out with my Trophy till my contract ends in June...and jump ship. Its always a compromise when it comes to VZW and Windows Phone.01-14-2013 05:37 PM
- 01-14-2013 06:01 PM
- 01-14-2013 06:23 PM
- Visit to local Verizon store was a bit eye opening. I went in with a technical question about my 822; nothing big just needed a clarification. The person that helped me showed me that she was now carrying the 822 as a business phone.
I gave her my phone so she could take a look and the first thing she asked, "How did you change the color of your home screen?" After a bit of shock, I showed her the theme setting under the settings menu. She was the expert and did not know how to change theme colors. Needless to say, I did not get my simple question answered until I came home and searched this forum.
User support here is by far than what I've experienced in the Verizon Store. Does that give you some idea how much support Verizon gives WP's.01-15-2013 10:08 AM
- I also hadn't heard of all of these 822 issues. Reading forums here and elsewhere it actually seems that the 822 has the least problems of any of the wp8 handsets and seems to have the happiest owners. On the flip side of that is that the person who posted about the problems is a trusted Verizon source on these forums and would know.01-15-2013 03:28 PM
Hard to imagine there being any hardware problems. Especially as you can be sure that forums would be full of it.01-16-2013 09:01 AM
- Honestabebread, sounds like a localized issue with your particular part of the market - there must be some specific part unique to your network branch that is tripping up the 822.
Around here (and I believe most of the US), the 822 is very reliable and has low return rate.01-16-2013 12:34 PM
- I love my 822. But it's started locking up. Not sure why. Suspect Bluetooth, I have other threads on it. I do know that Verizon has NO CLUE about the 822. I've posted on their facebook page regarding it. They do not even know their own policies... Sold me the Wireless charger with out the back. Now they are giving me a hard time about the back...01-16-2013 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD