VZW WP8 Update

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear. I was REALLY hoping I wouldn't have to resort to the next Nexus device on Verizon. Hopefully we'll get release dates soon enough.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If true... (Can't really believe a single thing anyone is saying right now) I would expect an announcement by "mid-week" at the latest. I am sure they wouldn't want their employees ruining all the good news.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine is before Thursday. I don't want to get too specific. I would probably expect something. And I forgot Samsung was an OEM. lol. Only two OEMs will be at the training. Management on the conference call today said one is very "stylish" and the other is "solid with great reception."

I can't say this enough. Verizon is taking this very, very seriously. We WANT Windows Phone 8. There's been rumors of it inside the company since the L900 came out and we've known about the Xbox Music rebranding since like, spring.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Training starts mid next week.
One device from each OEM will be there.

...and I heard they are going to drop the iPhone too. Sorry, but this is not an update. It is a few bits of random information that anyone could say with all of 30 seconds in front of a keyboard. Much like on other sites, you will see the phrase that it is not true without pictures, if you can't cite people, dates, and facts, it is just another internet rumor.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
...and I heard they are going to drop the iPhone too. Sorry, but this is not an update. It is a few bits of random information that anyone could say with all of 30 seconds in front of a keyboard. Much like on other sites, you will see the phrase that it is not true without pictures, if you can't cite people, dates, and facts, it is just another internet rumor.

then ignore it. Christ on a cracker.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is before Thursday. I don't want to get too specific. I would probably expect something. And I forgot Samsung was an OEM. lol. Only two OEMs will be at the training. Management on the conference call today said one is very "stylish" and the other is "solid with great reception."

I can't say this enough. Verizon is taking this very, very seriously. We WANT Windows Phone 8. There's been rumors of it inside the company since the L900 came out and we've known about the Xbox Music rebranding since like, spring.

I really appreciate your being as forthcoming as you have been. Thanks for the info you've shared!

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

He's been around quite a while. It'd be kind of sick and twisted of him to have impersonated a VZW employee for as long as he's been an active member here. I'm not saying it's impossible, but everything he's said in the past makes sense to me. For example, he mentioned an LTE device that looks like the Trophy appearing in internal promotions in early 2012, which matches up with the rumors of a Nokia device that made it into the late stages of production before Verizon unceremoniously killed it. What he said about shared data before the actual shared data plans came out also lined up with how things actually went.

Granted, there's some things that he said that didn't come to pass, but things change and those predictions were generally for things that were going to happen 6+ months out.

I don't think this guy is faking it. I'm not saying to trust him with your life, but I'd say this is at least as reputable as the original source of the rumor we're all talking about.

Edit: Also, thanks Honestabebread for providing this info. Don't run off just because some people are more skeptical than others. :) It's appreciated.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
By the way, in case people wanted further reassurance, Paul Thurrott of WinSuperSite.com posted that the rumor is total BS. https://twitter.com/thurrott/status/259471823782166528

Historically, he's had advance knowledge of quite a few Microsoft-related things, including recent events such as when the first Surface ad would air and when Surface pricing would come out. I don't recall the last time he came out and said something outright that wasn't true.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The WP8 launch stuff has been barreling forward. There's just been some anger over what transpired with Nokia, but apparently that has been smoothed over. Looks like Verizon will be getting the quadcore Nokia as an exclusive in February or March of next year and is also working on getting the HTC quadcore exclusively too.

Their earnings and subscriber reporting gave them a lot of leverage. But both phones come with guaranteed profitability for HTC and Nokia if they go exclusive - Verizon will guarantee a certain number of handsets sold and will carry insurance to pay out to Nokia and HTC in the off chance they don't reach the goals.

Look for a quad core Lumia with all the 920 features plus increased megapixels from the sensor and microSD support.

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
The WP8 launch stuff has been barreling forward. There's just been some anger over what transpired with Nokia, but apparently that has been smoothed over. Looks like Verizon will be getting the quadcore Nokia as an exclusive in February or March of next year and is also working on getting the HTC quadcore exclusively too.

Their earnings and subscriber reporting gave them a lot of leverage. But both phones come with guaranteed profitability for HTC and Nokia if they go exclusive - Verizon will guarantee a certain number of handsets sold and will carry insurance to pay out to Nokia and HTC in the off chance they don't reach the goals.

Look for a quad core Lumia with all the 920 features plus increased megapixels from the sensor and microSD support.
Does that mean the rest of the Verizon WP8 launch is still pushed back or not? And February or March?! As much as I really want the 9XX on Verizon, I am not going to be waiting that long. What a mistake by Nokia. They are going to be out on a TON of phone sales because of this.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Maybe Nokia will go to a 6 month cycle. At&t top phone for 6 months then verizon top phone for 6 months. It would kind of make sense in a strange way. They could satisfy both top carriers and avoid apple's problem of a yearly glut.

They probably have enough camera tweaks and hardware to do the 6 month thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte