VZW WP8 Update

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia model will be at my training

I've read it will be for a few on here. I'm guessing that he may be mistaken or just not realize it yet.

Or if it really isn't, then they have a separate training set up for Nokia at their store on a different date.

Either way, I'm a bit torn. HTC 8X seems nice but I need more space for Music & Pics. Im seriously debating going with the Nokia 822 for now but would have considered ATIV S if it came out at launch too.

Im in need of a new phone ASAP. I can always change down the road (sell whatever I buy) if 9xx or high end device comes out in Dec.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm pretty torn as well. My trophy is starting to act weird so I'm really wanting a new phone so I'm going back and forth over waiting or getting the 8x or the 822 or trying to hold out for a 9xx device. I guess it all comes down to going in and holding both phones and going from there

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
8X is Godly. Like, holy ****. Most premium feeling phone I've ever held. Snappy, fast, and GORGEOUS screen. Camera was good enough for what most people will do.

822 is okay. Looks and feels a lot like the Samsung Droid Charge. Screen looks fantastic for having a low resolution. Very thick and plasticy.

I am in love with the 8X though. Will be ordering on launch day.

VZ Navigator, My Verizon Mobile, Back Up Assistant, and NFL Mobile come preinstalled but are unstallable.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
8X is Godly. Like, holy ****. Most premium feeling phone I've ever held. Snappy, fast, and GORGEOUS screen. Camera was good enough for what most people will do.

822 is okay. Looks and feels a lot like the Samsung Droid Charge. Screen looks fantastic for having a low resolution. Very thick and plasticy.

VZ Navigator, My Verizon Mobile, Back Up Assistant, and NFL Mobile come preinstalled but are unstallable.

What colors did you see in person? Is the blue as purple as it looks in some of the photos I've seen or is it more royal blue than it looks? Fingerprint magnet? Thanks

Last edited:

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
That's what I like to hear. I just wish the HTC had City Lens... I'm glad to hear this thing is nice, depending on what happens the 29th, the 8x has my vote.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

any opinion on the 822's camera quality?

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

This makes me really excited about the 8X. I've overcome my initial disappointment that the 920 wouldn't be coming to Verizon and don't feel like I'm settling by getting the 8X based on my usage. Now I just have to figure out which color I'd like.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
As much as the 8x is sounding like an awesome device I still can't get past all the Nokia apps. I'm really going to have to weigh everything out

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
any opinion on the 822's camera quality?

They were identical as far as i could tell. But I'm not a camera person by any means. I'd say they were on par with my wifes S3

The 8X is very purpley. Indigo is the matching theme color.

Something i did notice is that the theme colors were different between the two phones. The Nokia had more than the 8X and they were much different. The 8X I had was the indigo. The 822 was white.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
A key here is NFL Mobile, Back Up Assistant, and Navigator. None are available for WP7 despite all being mainstays on other VZW devices, including feature phones.

Verizon is gung-ho about WP8. I'm expecting two more phones by mid-December to launch for WP8 on VZW.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
A key here is NFL Mobile, Back Up Assistant, and Navigator. None are available for WP7 despite all being mainstays on other VZW devices, including feature phones.

Verizon is gung-ho about WP8. I'm expecting two more phones by mid-December to launch for WP8 on VZW.

I hope you are right my friend, I hope you're right...

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing those phones are the Samsung ATIV and HTC 8S?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)