Which phone are you going to get on launch day!

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that while the 8X is a top tier phone, The only reason I am not really considering it is because I want a larger screen. Even though the 822 has a smaller resolution I will be happy to buy it instead because it has a larger screen. It has a wider screen then the 8x.

Last edited:

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that while the 8X is a top tier phone, The only reason I am not really considering it is because I want a larger screen then the iPhone 5. Even though the 822 has a smaller resolution I will be happy to buy it instead because it has a larger screen.

The 8X has a 4.3" screen (same size as the 822 but with higher resolution) vs the 4.0" screen of the iPhone 5.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Rogers is rumored to only have the exclusive for one month, so I'm going to wait and see if Bell (my carrier) or TELUS get any of the colors.(hoping for cyan, with white or red battling for 2nd choice) If neither of the other carriers picks it up, I'll be buying an international unlocked version.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that while the 8X is a top tier phone, The only reason I am not really considering it is because I want a larger screen then the iPhone 5. Even though the 822 has a smaller resolution I will be happy to buy it instead because it has a larger screen.

The 8X has a 4.3" screen, but because of the dimensions I'm not sure how it plays out...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Could someone compare the iPhone 5 HTC 8X resolution-wise?

I don't quite understand this resolution vs ppi battle...

Sent from my RaZr S3.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Could someone compare the iPhone 5 HTC 8X resolution-wise?

I don't quite understand this resolution vs ppi battle...

Sent from my RaZr S3.

1146x640 for iphone 5 4.0", 1280x720 for 8X 4.3"

PPI is how many pixels are in a square inch, The closer the pixels are together the smoother the the screen looks.

With that said a 4.0" screen at 1280x720 has a higher pixel density then a 4.0" screen at 1146x640 or a 4.3" screen at 1280x720.

RTS2

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know...had been planning on switching to Verizon but don't really want an 820 and don't care too much for the 8x...

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not due for a phone till May. Being on Verizon choices limited. Don't like the size of ativ... 822 can't be rewarded for being that boring... 8x I am worried about durability... Will it survive without a case? I can't wait to actually hold them all in a store though.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
8X for me. I'm on Verizon, for one, so the 920 isn't an option. Secondly, I actually got to handle the 8X at gdgt's Boston meetup a few days ago and it really feels great in the hand. The screen's extremely nice and the camera was quite quick. Unfortunately, that's about all I could get to due to the phone being locked, but it was still awesome to get my hands on it.

danferan

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am with Verizon, and though I don't have any specific love for AT&T, I'm switching over for some of that sweet, sweet 920 love. My contract was up today, too - just in time!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Screens are measured diagonally so different aspect ratios can create different shapes while having the same "size".

Wrong. Any non square rectangle with a 4.3" diagonal will be shaped exactly the same, geometry and math say so, if you choose to disagree, I'll glad go into more detail a to why I'm right. Aspect ratio has nothing to do with display size. Its about three pixel layout in that screen. Some screen sizes work better for certain aspect ratios. For example, you could a 4:3 aspect pixel layout on a 4.3 inch screen, but it would make things look squished or pinches. but the two Microsoft has chosen are so close that they both work on the same size displays.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
920 in white!

I asked my wife about cyan and red... She laughed at me and warned mr that I would be bored of them in weeks. She know me through and through, so white it is for me! (ps I am tired of black, with my past 7 phones being in that color)

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss