Possible Verizon Offerings, Pricing, Dates Released

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I would pay 100$ for a not so attractive phone with a low res screen. I wonder what the 822 will retail for?

They just seem overpriced compared to Androids option's.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Definitely overpriced. The 822 is the sort of phone one would get for free with a two year contract.
I don't have an interest in the 822, but I have to disagree with you there. Look at what Verizon's other phones cost. The Droid Incredible 4G LTE just went on sale the other day for $99. Do you really think the 822 should be cheaper than that phone?

Anyway, let's wait until we see what Best Buy, Amazon, etc. are charging before we complain too much about prices.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say free, But maybe $75 would be better. I'm sure If I go to Best Buy or Walmart or whatnot I will be able to find a better price tag on it.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon 8x=16gb vs 8 for ATT

822 has wireless charging built in
820 wireless charging is optional.

Those two specs alone will raise costs.

I'm far from a Nokia fan but I'm digging the white 822.

JamesAD60

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The Trophy was listed for $149.00 on contract at Verizon. I "bought" mine for $0.00 at a Microsoft Store. The tech asked if I wanted to pay by check or credit card. I also remember the Lumia 900 went on sale for $49.00 on contract almost immediately.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought the trophy online before it went on sale because I knew it was the only wp7 coming to Verizon but I think for wp8 I'm going to have to see in person

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Too bad we don't have an ms store here in Nebraska. I guess I kinda set my price expectations low after seeing the price at Best Buy for the 8x/920. I'm hoping that Best Buy can give a better price for Verizon too.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The 8X is absolutely worth $200, no question about it.
The 822 I'm kind of fussed about. That phone would be a clear #1 at $50. $100 puts it at Droid Razr M level, which I would definitely pick the Razr M over the 822 just for build quality.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
When I said that $99 was to high for the 820 I got crushed. The problem is that the Verizon prices are higher, considerably, than their at&t counterparts. The 8x is not worth $200 if you can get it for $100 at at&t. I still believe with a product that is new to most people it will take a low price point to get their attention.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
When I said that $99 was to high for the 820 I got crushed. The problem is that the Verizon prices are higher, considerably, than their at&t counterparts. The 8x is not worth $200 if you can get it for $100 at at&t. I still believe with a product that is new to most people it will take a low price point to get their attention.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
The 8X is more on Verizon because it has more memory. 16 instead of 8. Just like how iPhones go up 100 everytime you double The memory.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
The 8X is more on Verizon because it has more memory. 16 instead of 8. Just like how iPhones go up 100 everytime you double The memory.

Honestabebread... were you able to find out how much memory is on the 822 and confirm if it has a MicroSD slot? Will it accept a 64GB card?

Also, do you know the retail prices of each phone through Verizon. I think I plan on buying an 822 outright for now and still hang onto my Unlimited Data.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I will be interested to see full retail. I am going to keep my unlimited data and hopefully they price the two around $400 full retail and at most $500 for the 8x.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an interest in the 822, but I have to disagree with you there. Look at what Verizon's other phones cost. The Droid Incredible 4G LTE just went on sale the other day for $99. Do you really think the 822 should be cheaper than that phone?

Anyway, let's wait until we see what Best Buy, Amazon, etc. are charging before we complain too much about prices.

the 822 doesnt have any specs that put it to cost more than the incredible 4g. I think if they priced it at $50 it would have sold a ton but will be interesting to see how it does at $99

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
In other news...I'm still pissed Verizon isn't going to have the yellow 8x (and least right away). First I was going to get the Lumia 920 then they messed that up. Then I decided I wanted the yellow 8x and now they don't have that either. I guess I'm not switching to WP8 right now after all.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the yellow will be added in a few months as a "special" color. There are people out there that will buy one now and another one just for the yellow. Yes, it's dumb, but it is what it is. Perhaps they will have it at launch but only online. I know at&t only has a few of the lumia colors in store.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
In other news...I'm still pissed Verizon isn't going to have the yellow 8x (and least right away). First I was going to get the Lumia 920 then they messed that up. Then I decided I wanted the yellow 8x and now they don't have that either. I guess I'm not switching to WP8 right now after all.
Might wanna remind yourself that Verizon wanted a high end Nokia and Nokia just went with the cash grab.

And the 822 is 8GB with a removable back, battery and SD card slot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb