A Samsung IS coming to Verizon...

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just chatted briefly with my friend who is a store manager for a Verizon location near me. He just had his training yesterday, and basically told me the same as whats been reported, 8x and 822 at launch.

However, he ALSO said they were told they ARE getting a Samsung WP8 soon as well, but no release date, model info or price was provided yet. He said he'd keep me posted.

I realize it's not much to share, but thought I'd throw it out there. Not sure if this will be a version of ATIV S, prepaid model, or something else completely...

Fingers crossed for ATIV S.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Samsung seems content to launch the ATIV S a little after the fact. My guess is that WP 8 was released to manufacturers a little late, and Sammy needed to put some touches on it.

Hope your manager is correct. The ATIV would make a nice premium option for those not in love with the 8X and unimpressed with the 822.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think samsung may try to do with the ativ s what they did with their galaxy s3 and have it on all carriers which is a smart move IMO if they do it. Will be interesting to see.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Fingers crossed.

I hope my manager friend is right too. All I did was ask him how training went and if he found anything out. His exact reply was, "not too much new, other than Verizon will have three Windows 8 phones, HTC (8X), Nokia (822), and Samsung."

When I asked him if they gave him any details on the Samsung, he said no specifics were given, but that Nokia and HTC would be at launch for sure, Samsung wouldn't.

Im hoping maybe by Black Friday? You would think Samsung and Verizon would want it out for the holidays if possible.

And as someone else mentioned, Samung isn't about exclusives these days, they are all about getting it on as many carriers as possible and selling as many as possible... even if it means tweaking a design element here and their for carriers (GS2).

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I want a Note 2 but the price tag is too much to afford. Also Verizon stuck it's logo on the home button. They were real hung ho about getting their name on the front of that device. I wish they would make a simple logo instead of having their name on everything.

It's silly holding such a big device up to your face, but I use up maybe 200 minutes a month and a majority of them are on speakerphone anyway. I would gain way more use out of it for games, internet, ect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea