I REAAAAAALLLY want a five inch+ device.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Like a Samsung Note or the HTC Butterfly. Want want want. I am currently saving money for a WP8 device to see how the market takes off, but a Note-like slabphone with an S-Pen type deal would have me dipping into my savings p much immediately.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had a 5"......screen. We can all dream. I have been seeing a lot of supplements on my favorite....umm, video sites though.

waitthereimaWP

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know 5" feels a bit to big in the hand i think about 4.7" should be the max..but then again thats my opinion

(I Might Add..."Thats What She Said")

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know 5" feels a bit to big in the hand i think about 4.7" should be the max..but then again thats my opinion

(I Might Add..."Thats What She Said")
Have to admit I lol'ed on that. With that said my brother got tired of waiting on the 920 and went with the galaxy s3. My dad has the razor HD max turbo whatever its called and I have to admit both of there screen size are nice and I like.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Well... according to Marko Ahtisaari (VP of design in Nokia), he spends some of his time working on something that was previously misunderstood in the news as tablet. Here's a quote from him explaining that bit of news:

"The reason I paused for a moment is because I'm not on record but misquoted in Finland in an interview where I said that I spent over half of my time on products that are not--well, that are products that people wouldn't think are phones."

"That's what I said. But the way the news was picked up was that I spend half of my time working on a Windows 8 tablet. Which is not what I said, but I guess that's what someone wanted to hear. So that was the news of the day."

This would make me suspect that Nokia does have plans for a device that's something between a phone and a tablet.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My wife DOES want a 5". She hates their are bigger screens out there then her Titan. Hates there are bigger.

Makes me worried for our relationship, just a little....

Pun intended.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I would love a lumia 4.8-5.0 inch device. I remember when the EVO came out. I thought that phone was huge! I have a titan 2 and I don't think I could ever go any smaller. I don't know anyone (except old iPhone users) who has a phone less than 4 in. Just like anything in life, the bigger screens just take getting use too. Cars, watches, TV's are all bigger these days. Its just the evolution of the product. I for one could never go back to my 27in CRT television. I think we will see phones trend in a similar way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon