8S prices in: costs same as Lumia 800. So..

hantms

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked price of the HTC 8S in my country is exactly the same as the current price of the old Nokia Lumia 800.

So now I'm wondering, isn't the Lumia 800 actually the better deal? CPU wise they're both just about adequate, but Lumia 800 has AMOLED screen and a much better camera. Plus the Nokia goodies.

With the 7.8 update coming, it's not like the OS will be completely outdated either.

I do have a concern about future app availability.. Will apps still be made for 7 / 7.8 or will it all move to 8.. I don't buy phones that often so this is probably a consideration.

What would Jesus do? (Ok I'll settle for what you would do. ;) )

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked price of the HTC 8S in my country is exactly the same as the current price of the old Nokia Lumia 800.

So now I'm wondering, isn't the Lumia 800 actually the better deal? CPU wise they're both just about adequate, but Lumia 800 has AMOLED screen and a much better camera. Plus the Nokia goodies.

With the 7.8 update coming, it's not like the OS will be completely outdated either.

I do have a concern about future app availability.. Will apps still be made for 7 / 7.8 or will it all move to 8.. I don't buy phones that often so this is probably a consideration.

What would Jesus do? (Ok I'll settle for what you would do. ;) )

Get the 8S, without a doubt. If you care about apps at all, then you should not even consider 7.X.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I suggest moving up a notch and go to a 8X or a L920...512MB of RAM is going to be a small bottleneck in the future.

Of course, here and now? 8S is your pick.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If they are the same price, I can't understand why you would buy a W7.X device at this stage.

hantms

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For reference, pricing for me is like this, converted to US dollars:

HTC 8X : US$ 647
HTC 8S : US$ 325

(Note that these prices are exactly the same as the HTC One X and One V Android devices, respectively)

Lumia 920 : US$ 699
Lumia 820 : US$ 540

So you see, there is quite the jump from the 8S to any other windows phone, over $200 more.

HTC have priced very aggressively (or sensibly, if you will) at the same level as their Android One V mid-range phone.

( Source: Siamphone Price List | Siamphone.com )

But yeah, going with the current Win 8 is likely the better bet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)