Verizon online rep said no wireless charging for 822

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got done chatting online with a VZW Rep. I asked for her to confirm if the 822 had the wireless charging as an option since it was advertised that it did in the 10/21 new release. Wireless charging is also listed as a feature on the Nokia website for this device. However, the product description on the VZW site does not mention it at all. And guess what? After some "checking" she said it does not feature wireless charging. I mentioned to her about the official VZW news release from 10/29/12 that mentioned the wireless charging and she said she wasn't familiar with the news release.

I also asked her about Gorilla Glass 2.0 being a feature of the 822 since it was listed on the Nokia site as having it and she said no to that as well.

This device is starting look really mediocre now without those features and especially being the same price as a freakin 920 on AT&T.

I'm feeling more and more shafted as more and more info is revealed.

I'm really tire of this crap.

Last edited:

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm claiming confused rep. See the plethora of AT&T cases where the reps were completely unaware of 920 launch, and the press release that went out before it.

EDIT: Aand there's the cinch. Nokia talked about wireless charging shell. Might be why that rep said what she said.

2nd EDIT: Here's one "hands on" for it:
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/nokia-lumia-822-1108746/review

I guess they know more than that rep knew.

Last edited:

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The device isn't mediocre you've been given bad information and aren't reading closely.

The wireless charging is mentioned right on the Verizon Wireless product page and neither of you saw it, so that's on both of you. Look towards the top, second paragraph of the description, it says -

There?s wireless charging, built-in Xbox? LIVE and more on this Nokia smartphone.

Online VZW reps tend to get things wrong, nothing new there and that's about Android and Apple devices, so I can't imagine how bad it must be with WP ones. In-store ones aren't always better (I was there last week and a rep told me both Android phones in front of me had HD screens - that's wrong but he didn't appear to know that, only one was an actual HD screen). It'd be nice, but can't always go by the reps as the most accurate source.

Go by the info on the Nokia site for the 822. It says it has Corning Gorilla Glass 2.0, you can trust that it does. It's not as if there's some confusion about which phone they are referencing and which model is being issued (like how people are wondering if the AT&T 8X will have wireless charging). 822 is the Verizon model, everything on Nokia's site will be what you are getting with your phone.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Like you said, those features are listed on the Nokia site for the Verizon 822. It has them. Reps can be clueless, especially about a phone that isn't out yet.

Nokia Lumia 822 Specifications - Nokia - USA

Just got done chatting online with a VZW Rep. I asked for her to confirm if the 822 had the wireless charging as an option since it was advertised that it did in the 10/21 new release. Wireless charging is also listed as a feature on the Nokia website for this device. However, the product description on the VZW site does not mention it at all. And guess what? After some "checking" she said it does not feature wireless charging. I mentioned to her about the official VZW news release from 10/29/12 that mentioned the wireless charging and she said she wasn't familiar with the news release.

I also asked her about Gorilla Glass 2.0 being a feature of the 822 since it was listed on the Nokia site as having it and she said no to that as well.

This device is starting look really mediocre now without those features and especially being the same price as a freakin 920 on AT&T.

I'm feeling more and more shafted as more and more info is revealed.

I'm really tire of this crap.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually the Verizon site does mention wireless charging, just not in the specs section. It's mentioned in the little blurb of text that appears before the specs. I can't blame you for missing it.

Ready for a phone that?s easy and smart? Meet the Nokia Lumia 822. Powered by the new Windows Phone operating system, it?s exclusive to Verizon and the lightning-fast 4G LTE network. You?ll get outstanding Verizon features such as NFL Mobile, plus Windows Phone exclusives, including Data Sense, which helps manage your data usage.
The Windows Phone OS is familiar, simple to learn and keeps you connected to what matters most. Create a dynamic Start screen where you can quickly find out what your friends are up to along with the latest news, weather and more. Stay productive with buil?in Office Mobile. You can read and edit Microsoft Word documents on your smartphone, save them to SkyDrive cloud storage, then access them from your home PC. There?s wireless charging, built-in Xbox? LIVE and more on this Nokia smartphone.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Actually the Verizon site does mention wireless charging, just not in the specs section. It's mentioned in the little blurb of text that appears before the specs. I can't blame you for missing it.

Now I feel like an idiot. :blush: I was examining the specs VZW displayed out on the product page. I definitely missed that little blurb in the second paragraph.

I apologize folks.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It's an optional accessory as far as I've read. This is driving me nuts.

Initially, it was a replaceable shell. This was according to the unveiling, the press release, and hands on videos from the convention with Nokia.

Windows Phone 8 - Nokia Lumia 822

Nokia has made a strategic decision to focus on wireless charging, and the Nokia Lumia 822 joins the party thanks to the optional Nokia Wireless Charging Shell.

I'll heavily bet that the Nokia 822 does not indeed have wireless charging built in - stock at least. It will need the shell.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I bought my wife the 8X but I'm contemplating an 822 for my purposes. Expandable storage, super sensitive display, and Nokia apps are big pluses for me over the 8X.
Im most curious about the battery life, camera quality in relation to the 8X and whether the 8X and Lumia charging pads are compatible with one another. Does anyone have any answers for me? I've looked all around for reviews on the 822- no luck :'(

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought my wife the 8X but I'm contemplating an 822 for my purposes. Expandable storage, super sensitive display, and Nokia apps are big pluses for me over the 8X.
Im most curious about the battery life, camera quality in relation to the 8X and whether the 8X and Lumia charging pads are compatible with one another. Does anyone have any answers for me? I've looked all around for reviews on the 822- no luck :'(

I'm quite certain the sensitive touch is available only on the 920 variants.

As for your second question, it seems there either are no review units out yet to fansites.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite certain the sensitive touch is available only on the 920 variants.

As for your second question, it seems there either are no review units out yet to fansites.

The 822 does have the super sensitive touch display. Click here and then drill down in the design tab to read under the display features where it lists the SSTD as a feature.

I checked out the listing for the 822 on the VZW site this morning and it looks like the pulled off all the detailed spec info for the details tab for it. Now it only has a few paragraphs highlighting the phone.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The 822 does have the super sensitive touch display. Click here and then drill down in the design tab to read under the display features where it lists the SSTD as a feature.

I checked out the listing for the 822 on the VZW site this morning and it looks like the pulled off all the detailed spec info for the details tab for it. Now it only has a few paragraphs highlighting the phone.

That's funny, I noticed the same thing. I was convinced it changed. Which device are you getting? I need to know whether the 822 has a decent shooter. The battery it seems will be much better than the 8X- the rated talk time is much longer.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for that. I am quite shocked to see this, and also quite pleased - that was a big feature for me.

Thank you for sharing this.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
That's funny, I noticed the same thing. I was convinced it changed. Which device are you getting? I need to know whether the 822 has a decent shooter. The battery it seems will be much better than the 8X- the rated talk time is much longer.

I'm getting three 822's for the lines ready to upgrade on my account. Reasons are in order of importance:
1. Nokia apps (access to a lot of exclusive apps)
2. The super sensitive touch screen (I live in the midwest. Need I say more?)
3. Price (refuse to pay $199 for a phone without expandable storage)
4. Battery Life (probably better life that the 8x)
5. Wireless Charging (convenient, but not enthused about paying $45 or so for required shell and another $45 for the charging plate)

Thank you for that. I am quite shocked to see this, and also quite pleased - that was a big feature for me.

Thank you for sharing this.

Your welcome! That is one of the features that really draws me to the 822.

JamesAD60

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The 822 has a wider screen than the 8x too. That is why it looks fat from the front. The 8x screen is as wide as the 4 inch 800 x 480 screen on the 8s.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3