What ever happened to the HTC Zenith?

romeze

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I recently saw that Verizon's version of the 8x is called the Accord... So if that is the mid range device, where is the Zenith? I really can not wait any longer but for the specs that appeared in the leak months ago I may have to. Anyone know anything about this?

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently saw that Verizon's version of the 8x is called the Accord... So if that is the mid range device, where is the Zenith? I really can not wait any longer but for the specs that appeared in the leak months ago I may have to. Anyone know anything about this?

I heard the Zenith is going to be a quad core phone, and WP8 does not support quad core until the next update. I think the hardware is ready, but Microsoft hasn't finished programming the software yet.

But yeah, the 8X is the "Accord," originally the mid-range phone with the Zenith being the flagship. However since the Zenith could not be released at launch, they are relabelling the 8x as the flagship (of course until the Zenith is out, at which point it will go back to its mid-range classification).

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I heard the Zenith is going to be a quad core phone, and WP8 does not support quad core until the next update. I think the hardware is ready, but Microsoft hasn't finished programming the software yet.

But yeah, the 8X is the "Accord," originally the mid-range phone with the Zenith being the flagship. However since the Zenith could not be released at launch, they are relabelling the 8x as the flagship (of course until the Zenith is out, at which point it will go back to its mid-range classification).
it won't use the 8X it will very likely use the Titan name. like Windows phone 8 Titan.

romeze

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I somehow suspect that on Monday's event in NYC, that HTC and Verizon release a Windows version of the J Butterfly and that may turn out to be the Zenith. That does make sense that Windows is not ready to support the quad core. I really like the 8x/Accord but would love a little bigger screen, so I cancelled my pre-order and going to wait at least until Monday.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
They canceled it because they realized it wasn't a T.V.? Seriously... :p

I have never seen anything on this phone. I need to do some research. If it is a quad core device though then that would be why it's not showing up for launch. Maybe that is going to be the "surface phone". I wouldn't be surprised if WP8 does not support quad core so that when the surface phone comes out it will be the first quad core phone on the market.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The rumored specs on the HTC ZENITH (which could be called the HTC Windows Phone 8x+ or Windows Phone 8v, etc) were rumored to be leaked as below:

1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro
Adreno 320 GPU
1 GB Ram
4.7" HD (1280 ? 720) 720p SuperLCD 2
8 MP Camera
1080p video
16/32 GB options
MicroSd expansion
NFC

...which explains why it is not at launch, as WP8 doesn't support quad core yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire