Where is Microsoft's media blitz for WP8?

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is doing a great job of spending money (that they don't have) on TV commercials. Why isn't Microsoft opening the war chest for this. This whole launch seems disjointed (botched). There hasn't really been a true "launch date" as every carrier in every country has had a different launch. I haven't seen a TV commercial for the supposed signature phone, no commercials for WP8 in general; just surface commercials and Win 8 commercials. They need to show the seamless integration between the UI of the two (or three if you count RT) platforms. They need to get these beautiful devices and the UI in front of the world- in everyone's faces all the time. I just don't get why we aren't inundated with ads...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Chances are MS has funded many of Nokia's ads. Someone also had a good guess that MS might be waiting for all carriers to have something to sell before they start blitzing. No point advertising something you can't buy.

ontapbjt

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw commercials all weekend long while watching football and again last night during MNF. They are running the ad that is on the WindowsPhone website.

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Chances are MS has funded many of Nokia's ads. Someone also had a good guess that MS might be waiting for all carriers to have something to sell before they start blitzing. No point advertising something you can't buy.

Like announcing a phone two months before it launches... even before the software is finished LOL...

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just saw an awesome commercial for Windows Phone... I jotted it down because it was so epic!

Here?s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The square live tiles in the world of boring static icons.

The ones who see things differently. They?re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can?t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that?s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

We make phones for these kinds of people.

While some see them as the crazy WP users, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Windows Phone. Think Different.

:D

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Just saw an awesome commercial for Windows Phone... I jotted it down because it was so epic!

Here?s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The square live tiles in the world of boring static icons.

The ones who see things differently. They?re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can?t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that?s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

We make phones for these kinds of people.

While some see them as the crazy WP users, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Windows Phone. Think Different.

:D
Nice. Love it.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually saw a Windows Phone 8 Bill board on the way home today from MS. MS certainly is advertising heavily in my area with posters at bus stops and subway stations and billboards. Especially the Surface. Unfortunately no one seems to actually know where to get one from as they just can't go into a store and buy it which I think hurts the sales a bit. At least in my area.

Hopefully this is just the beginning. They need a media blitz that would put Coca-Cola to shame I feel to really start pushing the platform.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I caught the tail end of a Windows Phone ad on USA a few minutes ago. I've seen Surface ads too, so it looks like Microsoft is going to have a fair amount of advertising this go around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss